+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical Update for expired medicals. Please Update

raghavmarwaha

Oct 29, 2021
Yes, my medical got updated on 22nd Oct 2021, almost 2 months. Received a letter from IRCC stating that my remedical has been updated and my travel document is also showing valid now.
When does your hospital send the result? Two months are such a huge time. They have mentioned that it took a maximum of 28 days.

Dhairya18498

Jul 12, 2021
When does your hospital send the result? Two months are such a huge time. They have mentioned that it took a maximum of 28 days.
Yes, after a month of waiting I asked the hospital about the date when they sent my results, i was told that my results were sent the next day of my remedical exam.
24th Aug -Day of Remedical exam
25th Aug -results sent to IRCC
22nd Oct -Remedical updated in GC Key

raghavmarwaha

Oct 29, 2021
Yes, after a month of waiting I asked the hospital about the date when they sent my results, i was told that my results were sent the next day of my remedical exam.
24th Aug -Day of Remedical exam
25th Aug -results sent to IRCC
22nd Oct -Remedical updated in GC Key
How we can know that our medical is updated? I have done my medical on 12th October before 1 month of expiry. Counterfoil is still valid

Dhairya18498

Jul 12, 2021
How we can know that our medical is updated? I have done my medical on 12th October before 1 month of expiry. Counterfoil is still valid
As I said earlier, you’ll receive a letter saying specifically “your medical exam is valid and you can plan your travel to Canada”. You’ll receive an email from IRCC.

raghav23

Nov 17, 2021
On the same day of my remedical exam. After that in intervals of 15 days
hello , the hospital submitted my result on 26th August, but not been updated yet, I was not allowed to board the flight to Canada yesterday, how was your issue resolved? It was my re-medical test as I was in India for more than 12 months. Is it important to raise webform for remedical????? I wasn't allowed to board as my visa status was showing inactive. Can you please guide me, now I have submitted a webform yesterday, how much time will it take for ircc to update and make my counterfoil document valid again, I am extremely worried
Show less

Dhairya18498

Jul 12, 2021
hello , the hospital submitted my result on 26th August, but not been updated yet, I was not allowed to board the flight to Canada yesterday, how was your issue resolved? It was my re-medical test as I was in India for more than 12 months. Is it important to raise webform for remedical????? I wasn't allowed to board as my visa status was showing inactive. Can you please guide me, now I have submitted a webform yesterday, how much time will it take for ircc to update and make my counterfoil document valid again, I am extremely worried
Show less
Sorry to hear you weren’t allowed to board the flight. Don’t panic, I’ll try to answer all of your questions. I was in the same situation as yours so I understand how you feel right now. Yes, it is very important to raise a webform after the remedical exam. On the day of your remedical exam at the end you must have received an E-Medical Receipt from the hospital, you have to raise a webform attaching this E-Medical receipt stating that you have underwent a remedical exam because it has been over 12 months since your last medical exam. In my case, i had my remedical exam on 24th august and I raised a webform on the same day itself. According to the hospital, my results were submitted on 25th august. 2 months later, on 22nd October I received an email with an attachment stating that my latest medical exam has been updated and I can now plan my travel. So to answer your question it took almost 2 months to update my medical exam since i first raised the webform. On 22nd Oct I checked mey GC key account and it showed “Counterfoil document valid”.

I would suggest you that since now you have raised a webform, wait for atleast 15 days. After that if you don’t receive any update raise another webform and don’t forget to attach the E-Medical receipt.

If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot them here, I’ll try my best to answer ASAP.

raghavmarwaha

Oct 29, 2021
Show less
Hey, firstly check if IRCC emailed for any additional medical tests? It's been so long since you have done your medical. . Because, in the latest webinar, they said that they remove the hold from the visa within 28 days after receiving the results(In 99% of cases).

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Does IRCC wait for current medicals to expire and then only process and update the new remedical result?Below is the timeline. Currently GC key still holds the old medicals passed date.

Existing medical expiry : 26th Jan,2023.
Remedical done : 21st Dec,2022.
Hospital sent to IRCC : 26th Dec,2022.
Raied web form : 27th Dec,2022.
Acknowledgement from IRCC : 4th Jan,2023.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Does IRCC wait for current medicals to expire and then only process and update the new remedical result?Below is the timeline. Currently GC key still holds the old medicals passed date.

Existing medical expiry : 26th Jan,2023.
Remedical done : 21st Dec,2022.
Hospital sent to IRCC : 26th Dec,2022.
Raied web form : 27th Dec,2022.
Acknowledgement from IRCC : 4th Jan,2023.
Hey, I have the same question.
My current medical is expiring on 31st March, 2023. I contacted the nearest IOM (International Organization for Migration) but they said they can't let me retake unless my last medical is expired. How did you retake before expiry?

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Hey, I have the same question.
My current medical is expiring on 31st March, 2023. I contacted the nearest IOM (International Organization for Migration) but they said they can't let me retake unless my last medical is expired. How did you retake before expiry?
In India hospital allows for 2nd medical 11 months after the previous medical.This is as per the guidelines issued to them by Canadian Embassy.

Tani1838

Feb 10, 2023
Hello, Tani here. Please guide me that are you all talking about remedial for student visa? If yes please let me know is it necessary to send the re medical exams information sheet/vaccination sheet (new) through webform to IRCC? My student visa is valid till 31st Aug 2023 and medical expires on 4th june 2023 (First week of August is my travel plan). Please guide me for my remedial that it will be processed by IRCC? On time and how do I get to know that. Have a good day. Looking forward for your reply as it will be really helpful.

Tani1838

Feb 10, 2023
Hello please guide me how did you know this as I am in the same situation and your reply will be really helpful.