+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical request from CIC- Wife Sponsorship

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does this mean that they are satisfied with the relationship and I should be expecting the passport request soon?? :-\

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
niana.j said:
Does this mean that they are satisfied with the relationship and I should be expecting the passport request soon?? :-\
not that I know, but I'd venture a guess if you'd share any of the details of your location Visa Office(s) etc..

M

mikeymyke

No, if your file goes into "In Process", then they're satisfied with relationship. Until then, a re-med doesn't mean anything other than your medical has expired, they still haven't reached a decision on your file yet, and they just want another one. This is quite common especially for applicants from VOs who have very long processing times.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
niana.j said:
Visa office is Islamabad.
Applied in March 2012.

It's much easier to speculate when all of your information is spelled out in your profile.. I can see why it's a useful feature here in the forum!

So, obviously your sponsorship has been approved... probably outland application..? looks like you're at; Step 2 – "Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored.."

My guess would be.., depending on the reason for the Redo of the Medical, the chances that your relationship has passed without questions, look good.

I take it that your file was transferred to Islamabad? - If not, then maybe they reviewed all of the above before granting sponsorship - it is a 32 month processing time for Islamabad! wow, that's the longest one of all for spousal sponsorships.., my heart goes out to you and yours

You're at 27 months since submitting! I think things should be winding up (or down...hah)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, stage 1 for an Outland application is only the approval of the sponsor. The relationship assessment is part of stage 2.

SA (Outland) and AIP (Inland) are not the same, even though they are each considered stage 1 approval.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Ponga said:
Actually, stage 1 for an Outland application is only the approval of the sponsor. The relationship assessment is part of stage 2.

SA (Outland) and AIP (Inland) are not the same, even though they are each considered stage 1 approval.
good point - do you think he's not well into "Step 2" after 27 of the estimated 32 months?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABCml said:
good point - do you think he's not well into "Step 2" after 27 of the estimated 32 months?
Logic tells me yes.

Reality of how things seem to work tells me...who knows!

I suppose one of the Pakistan, or Islamabad threads may give the OP a better idea.

*shrug*

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I apologize for the sparse information in my profile. I had it all filled up once but took it out in frustration.

My timeline is:
App Filed: March 2012
Transfer to Ottawa: June 2012
Additional Proof of relationship (vacation pics etc) submitted: May 2013
Transfer to Islamabad: June 2013
Remedical and RePcc request:November 2013

Yes the sponsorship was approved...it is just the second part that I am waiting on.
I was thinking that the remed in nov 2013 was a good sign. I had my hopes high but after waiting for passport request for so long- the old negative feelings are coming back.

Since then waiting..

ABCml said:
It's much easier to speculate when all of your information is spelled out in your profile.. I can see why it's a useful feature here in the forum!

So, obviously your sponsorship has been approved... probably outland application..? looks like you're at; Step 2 – "Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored.."

My guess would be.., depending on the reason for the Redo of the Medical, the chances that your relationship has passed without questions, look good.

I take it that your file was transferred to Islamabad? - If not, then maybe they reviewed all of the above before granting sponsorship - it is a 32 month processing time for Islamabad! wow, that's the longest one of all for spousal sponsorships.., my heart goes out to you and yours

You're at 27 months since submitting! I think things should be winding up (or down...hah)

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok thanks for the answer.

mikeymyke said:
No, if your file goes into "In Process", then they're satisfied with relationship. Until then, a re-med doesn't mean anything other than your medical has expired, they still haven't reached a decision on your file yet, and they just want another one. This is quite common especially for applicants from VOs who have very long processing times.