+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Cumber

Jan 24, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Hu
Hello everyone, want to share my successful journey of IELTS with you guys after a few failures I've had.
I finally nailed it on my 4th Attempt and I can't fathom I received my dream score today, it's unreal.

1st Attempt - 29 Sep 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.5 W 6.5 S 7.0 (0.5 short for writing went for revaluation)
EOR for Writing - Scores remain unchanged
2nd Attempt - 29 Nov 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.5 W 7.0 S 6.0 (for the very first time scored 7 in writing but i blew up in speaking)
3rd Attempt - 15 Dec 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.0 W 6.0 S 7.0 (writing score back to 6 bands, my heart just sank again, in spite of using the same writing format I used in 2nd attempt to get 7 bands )
Decided to go for revaluation for both 2nd and 3rd Attempts at the same time.
Meanwhile decided not to waste time and booked an exam for 19 Jan 2019
4th Attempt - 19 Jan 2019 - L 8.0 R 8.5 W 7.0 S 7.5 ( Today the 1st Feb 2019 is the luckiest day of life to finally be able to nail it through)
Haven't even received the revaluation scores for 2nd and 3rd attempts, lol. Do I care? Not anymore.

I wish you all the best of luck and keep trying. This is just a temporary phase which will go away. Keep pushing. Cheers

City: Rajkot
British Council
I dear congratulations, I am devastated because I really prepared well for my exam. Just checked and was disappointed it's my first time L 7
R 7.5 S 7.5 W 6.0. I need your help in preparing for the second time and I need to score 8887

Cumber

Jan 24, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Hello guys please any help on acingvthe IELTS the second time, as I don't intend to write again. I mean recommendations, pages whatever will help please I need help with it. Have been sad all afternoon after seeing my result. I felt like a complete failure.

Ceyrahly

Jan 28, 2019
Please how long does EOR take with BC? I got my results today.
L-9
R-8.5
S-7
W-6.5
Thinking of making an EOR, but I don't know the current timeline. With BC

karizma360

Oct 12, 2018
Please how long does EOR take with BC? I got my results today.
L-9
R-8.5
S-7
W-6.5
Thinking of making an EOR, but I don't know the current timeline. With BC
It takes up to 4 weeks, in my case it took almost 27 days. Dont rely on just EOR, instead book an exam. If you would like to wait and see just go for EOR, but dont have high hopes. I went for EOR and also booked an exam as well so that i dont end up wasting time.

Reactions: Ceyrahly

karizma360

Oct 12, 2018
Hu
I dear congratulations, I am devastated because I really prepared well for my exam. Just checked and was disappointed it's my first time L 7
R 7.5 S 7.5 W 6.0. I need your help in preparing for the second time and I need to score 8887
Thanks bud,

I have been there where you are at the moment. But trust me don't let frustration and failure overpower your confidence and don't underestimate yourself. Just keep pushing yourself. If you give up some one else will take up your spot, simple as that. Keep giving attempts, give your best and expect the least in IELTS. This sounds really crazy but it is how it is. I have booked exam soon after I would have given an exam prior to receiving my score report.

I followed format from the following website, I strongly recommend this format to everybody who aim for 7 bands in IELTS.

https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2015/03/02/ielts-writing-task-2-agree-disagree-lesson/

This person has explained in the most accurate and simplest way of writing essays (in my opinion). The moment you read you'll know how conveniently he has put up the format and explained sentence by sentence.

Also check on other types of essays he has posted and you'll get a nice idea. Just follow this format.

Tips
Try and minimize repetition use synonyms
Flow should be maintained from start to finish. For example if you follow the tips given by this person here for body paragraphs he starts with opening sentence then explains it further followed by an example. Once you have written an example don't write anything further. Do the same thing for the other body paragraph. Look at the sample essay and incorporate the same thing in the exam. Don't repeat ideas.
Below is 'my scores explained' for writing in case it might help you out with anything.
Writing (7.0)

Your scores explained:

Test takers at this band can typically produce a clear overview of the graph or a clear viewpoint throughout the response. All parts of the task are covered. The letter has a clear purpose and a consistent, suitable tone. Test takers can support their main ideas with details and examples, although these might be too general and lack focus. The writing is well-organised and leads logically to its conclusion. They can use a variety of linking words, with some over- or under-used. In Task 2 every paragraph has one main topic. They can flexibly use a range of vocabulary and some less common words with some style, despite occasionally choosing the wrong word or making mistakes in spelling or in the form of a word. They are able to use a variety of complex sentences, and many of their sentences are correct. However they still make a few mistakes with grammar and punctuation.

How to improve:

Practice producing different types of writing. When writing informational and argumentative pieces, take care to develop your points thoroughly, providing as many relevant supporting ideas and details as necessary. Don't develop your points separately. Instead, ask yourself: how might I develop my idea so that it logically leads me to my next idea? Then, also ask yourself: does my use of paragraphing help to highlight the flow of my ideas? Have I also used other means besides paragraphing to do this? Use a good variety of structures, choosing appropriate ones to help the overall effect of your writing. Also try to use a wide range of vocabulary when you write, always using the best possible word. For words and phrases that are newer to you, look them up online to see how other writers use them and what other words they often appear together with. Finally, check your writing, paying special attention to those words and grammar structures you're not as confident about.

50 words for intro.
100 each for body paragraphs.
And finally 50 for conclusion.
That's 250, so you can just tweak around with words here and there, I believe my word count were only 260 max or may be 270. I always see other candidates taking an extra answer sheet to write an essay. DO NOT cross 270 words. No need.
I cant guarantee you but i followed this format in 3 attempts and i scored 7 bands in 2 attempts and 6 in 1 attempt.
For the letter I had made up my mind to give just a maximum of 15 minutes as you only have to outline and exaggerate the points asked in the question and give yourself a good 45 minutes instead for Task 2.

Hopefully all this is enough for you to crack your required scores. Best of luck.

vitspado

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone!

My results are L/R/W/S/ (8.5 / 7.0 / 6.5 / 8.5) and I need at least a 7 in W.
Is EOR a good option? I already saw some candidates in a similar situation that got the writing remarked from 6.5 to 7.
My CRS now is 399 and if I get a 7 in writing it will go up to 456.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
This forum has kept me hopeful and finally got EOR result today,

The speaking score changed to 6.5 to 7.

L/R/W/S: 8/8/7/7

Thanks, everyone and all the best to aspirants. This is a temporary period.

Aspirtant9990

Jul 27, 2018
Till now, I haven't received my EOR results, whereas my friend received his around one week earlier. I'm really stressful as achieving 7 in writing would boost my score to +460, while its only 420 now.

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
I received my EOR today for the test date 15 dec 2018.
I got my score changed from 6.5 to 7 in speaking.
Finally I got my magic scores for the Canada PR.
If you are confident that you did well in your exam, pls go ahead with the EOR option. You will surely get a hike in your score.
Good luck to all the candidates who are waiting for their EOR outcome.

karizma360

Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone, want to share my successful journey of IELTS with you guys after a few failures I've had.
I finally nailed it on my 4th Attempt and I can't fathom I received my dream score today, it's unreal.

1st Attempt - 29 Sep 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.5 W 6.5 S 7.0 (0.5 short for writing went for revaluation)
EOR for Writing - Scores remain unchanged
2nd Attempt - 29 Nov 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.5 W 7.0 S 6.0 (for the very first time scored 7 in writing but i blew up in speaking)
3rd Attempt - 15 Dec 2018 - L 8.0 R 7.0 W 6.0 S 7.0 (writing score back to 6 bands, my heart just sank again, in spite of using the same writing format I used in 2nd attempt to get 7 bands )
Decided to go for revaluation for both 2nd and 3rd Attempts at the same time.
Meanwhile decided not to waste time and booked an exam for 19 Jan 2019
4th Attempt - 19 Jan 2019 - L 8.0 R 8.5 W 7.0 S 7.5 ( Today the 1st Feb 2019 is the luckiest day of life to finally be able to nail it through)
Haven't even received the revaluation scores for 2nd and 3rd attempts, lol. Do I care? Not anymore.

I wish you all the best of luck and keep trying. This is just a temporary phase which will go away. Keep pushing. Cheers

City: Rajkot
British Council
Received my Revaluation Score Report today for 2nd Attempt which was on 29 Nov 2018.
Score changed from 6 to 6.5.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Greetings Everyone!

I have been silent follower of this thread. Finally, I had my chance to share the success story. I am sharing the complete Timeline of the EOR process so that it helps others.

First Attempt : LRSW -> 7/7/7.5/6.5
Second Attempt : Dec 15 2018 - > 8.5/7/7/6.5
Result Date : 29 Dec
EOR applied : 04 Jan 2019
Document Received by BC : 07 Jan
EOR completed and TRF received : 2nd Feb
New Scores : LRSW -> 8.5/7/7/7
Test Center : British Council, India, Chennai

New CRS Score : 449

Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7.

As you see, this is my second attempt and was so nerve wracking waiting for the EOR. Finally, the wait is over. IELTS journey ends here. Wishing others the best of luck.

Note : If you ask me was I confident in Writing to go for EOR? Honestly, I wasn't. Its a 50-50 Chance. Everyone feels they did better when results were out. If its just .5, Take a chance and Apply for EOR. You might get lucky. Just to spice things up, I had a friend of mine from other city who wrote the exam on same date and he also needed .5 in writing. We both applied for EOR and his results came out positive today. We both were flying now. Just thought of sharing to keep others motivated. Good luck with your IELTS journey.