Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Spouse' parents and Brothers are licivg in canada. someone please tell me which relative of my spouse i should mention in my FSW Application?

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
Hi,

I need help regarding how to prove relationship. My spouse has a half brother in Canada but he carries a different family name. They have the one and the same father but in their birth certificates, the family name of their father is different. So their birth certificate cannot prove them as brothers.

Aside from the birth certificate, is there any other way to prove that they are related? Is DNA testing an option?

Thanks.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
dear nirmal..just before this clarify if you are the principal sponsor or ur wife? if you i believe that you cannot get the 5points of the adaplability unless and otherwise you prrove with documents like your marriage certificate where your wife parent name and family name to be mentioned as well as your wifes birth certificate o tally with her brothers and the PR card of her parent.In the additional family information of your wife you have to mention all these details.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pencilcut said:
Hi,

I need help regarding how to prove relationship. My spouse has a half brother in Canada but he carries a different family name. They have the one and the same father but in their birth certificates, the family name of their father is different. So their birth certificate cannot prove them as brothers.

Aside from the birth certificate, is there any other way to prove that they are related? Is DNA testing an option?

Thanks.
If the father and mother's names are both different on the half-brother's birth certificate than your wife's it is extremely unlikely that they can prove they are related without a DNA test.

PMM

ammarshahin

Feb 3, 2009
hi everyone
I need help regarding relatives in canada
I have applied to baffalo on march 7th 2008
at that time my brother and his family were in canada and there is proof of bank statements and utilities bills till June 2008.. when they moved out
my career is on the minister list and just got communication through the attorney for request for further documents including ielts,police certificates and proof of relative relationship in canada
the attorney asked for apdated information regarding my brother
the problem is I scored 70 points with 5 points for adaptability due to my brother and if I lose this 5 I will be done to 65,,
Please help if anyone knows any information because when I applied I was sure that I score more than 67 but now don't know even my career on the list

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
as far as I know your relatives have to be resident in Canada at all times until you are approved as PR

maybe someone can clarify where that is stated

Lemontree

Jan 31, 2009
@pencilcut

I used to do family research. There are different ways to proof that you are related. The question is, WHY the name of the father is in both cases different. Can you give more details on that matter?

rajesh sharma

Aug 31, 2009
please guide

dear please tell what are different ways to prove relation if we have no birth certificate marriage and aunt is not having any educational certificate.