+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship proof censorship

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
Hi, I'm newly married and my wife and I are beginning the process of me sponsoring her to come to Canada. We met online in December 2012, soon began talking to each other online every day, and met in person for the first time in February 2013. We met again in person in May of 2013. We just got married on February 8th 2014 here in the Philippines and I have to go home and back to work on March 6th :'( Anyway, we don't really have phone records to submit as we mostly talk to each other through skype and facebook when we're apart. After the second time we were together, a whole bunch of our chat logs get really racy and sexual in nature :eek: I'm just wondering how much of this should we censor out and how much should we include. Anyone else have to make this decision? It might help our relationship look genuine, but I don't really want to give the V.O a full collection of penthouse letters either lol.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You don't have to show ALL your emails/chats. Just take samples of chats from different stages of the relationship.

If you don't want a VO reading certain things, then just don't include it. Just use your common sense as what you include or don't include is entirely up to you.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
zmahe said:
Hi, I'm newly married and my wife and I are beginning the process of me sponsoring her to come to Canada. We met online in December 2012, soon began talking to each other online every day, and met in person for the first time in February 2013. We met again in person in May of 2013. We just got married on February 8th 2014 here in the Philippines and I have to go home and back to work on March 6th :'( Anyway, we don't really have phone records to submit as we mostly talk to each other through skype and facebook when we're apart. After the second time we were together, a whole bunch of our chat logs get really racy and sexual in nature :eek: I'm just wondering how much of this should we censor out and how much should we include. Anyone else have to make this decision? It might help our relationship look genuine, but I don't really want to give the V.O a full collection of penthouse letters either lol.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/evidence-and-organizing-us-citizen-married-to-a-canadian-citizen-t186302.0.html;msg2919273#msg2919273

my husband and I had the same problem...some or our conversations are a bit strange...very personal and private lol...so I was very selective of the screen shots and the conversations we picked as evidence...so when I picked my evidence...I didn't just print everything...I just picked a sample conversation from each month we were together... or apart....

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
On the contrary, you shouldn't sensor. They need to determine that it's a legitimate relationship and they can do that only by your conversation logs, photos, and such. If you sensor then it seams staged and fake. For instance, every newly wed has a lot of personal and sexual subjects amongst their conversations and if you exclude them, it looks fake and staged. I - for one - have sent everything from our chat logs about our school projects to our in-game chats about kicking others arses and gamer talks to even kinky sexy things that we want to do to each other. many people who have applied and sent bits and pieces have been called to send in additional documents for proof of relationship. Look at it this way, if your private conversations have gone through skype, google, yahoo, Viber, or any other platform, they are already fully monitored by many so the case officer won't be the first one. You might wat to read this article:
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/02/01/a_rare_look_inside_the_black_box_of_canada_immigration.html

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
zmahe said:
We never sent any of our text conversations. Just printed out a Skype log showing our audio/video conversations - ids with dates and durations. Never even crossed our minds to send private letters or emails or chats and no one ever asked us for something like that.

TLSD

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28, 2013
File Transfer...
22-04-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-04-2013
Interview........
Feb.12, 2014
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
❤❤February 18, 2014❤❤
LANDED..........
❤❤❤❤March 3, 2014❤❤❤❤
zmahe said:
Same here ! lol ... I did censor the records but in hindsight probably shouldn't have ... I sent over 500pages of messaging ... On interview day I could see the officer wasn't interested to even flip through the pages .... I reslly don't think it matters anyhow sex is NORMAL believe it or not lol .. I say leave it in , despite a bit of embarrassment ? It's real and it proves ur true status of intimacy and trueness of a healthy relationship , omit the pics though lol ❤

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
You dont have to include any chat logs at all. If you want to include a few then go ahead. Maybe to show the date you started chatting online? I would definately not include anything racy at all. They don't want to read that and it doesn't prove anything anyway.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
I'd say include the skype chat log (not actual transcript), but time of chat and duration.
You can download chat log using this software. Make sure you do it on the very computer you have been using to Skype.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

C

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha! I can understand how you feel. Lol.

My husband saw the messages I exported to the computer and he was like: OMG they are not gonna read ALL of these are they!?

Well just take out some samples and send them. And show thelogs. That should be fine. :p

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks for all the opinions. There sure are a lot of different ones lol. I think I will show chat logs because our internet connections aren't good enough for skype to work properly everyday and I really want to establish that we talk to each other literally every day that we're apart. There's no way I could send everything though, since the package would be thousands of pages long. Maybe I'll leave in some titillating tidbits but cut the really good stuff, hahaha!