Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
hi guyz... iam seeing many membrs say their application got rejected and some say they case refused... now my question is there any diff between rejection and refusal of the application? if yes what the diff? if no then why will thet use different terminology? pls seniors and members pls throw some light it might be helpful for many members tooo

mastcanada

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Re: rejection vs refusal

pls seniors throw some light

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: rejection vs refusal

Hi

mastcanada said:
pls seniors throw some light
Rejection and refusal are basically the same. Although a rejection can be because the application was not complete and you met the requirements, so you could re-submit. Whereas if your application was complete and it was refused, because it didn't meet the requirements.

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
There is no difference between "Rejection" and "Refusal". Both are the same.
But f some one want to use a hash word. He will say it is " Rejected"
and on the contrary he will say " Refused"...

mastcanada said:
hi guyz... iam seeing many membrs say their application got rejected and some say they case refused... now my question is there any diff between rejection and refusal of the application? if yes what the diff? if no then why will thet use different terminology? pls seniors and members pls throw some light it might be helpful for many members tooo

mastcanada

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
inputs needed by seniors pls

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
I have not come across any letter from any visa office (shared by members) that their application is rejected. It always says that your application is being refused for ....blah... blah.. reasons.

Indian01

Feb 28, 2012
Hello All,

I have an important question about following question from [IMM 5669 E form Background details], page 1, Q 6 (d)
6 (d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant, or permanent resident visa (including CSQ) or application to PNP or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or anyother country?

We applied for FSWP (skilled worker, IT) in 2010, After receiving 2nd file number, our case officer was not satisfied with the experience shown for 1 year as Managerial level and hence our case was closed. And after doing research that for any such case, they don't change their decision and there were very little chances of getting our case considered. Since during that time lot other things were going on, we did not follow-up on this as we saw several other people for whom application was rejected progress was going no-where and they were earing rejection even after providing more explainations.

So now in nutshell, we are deciding to apply under FSW program again. Do you think due to earlier rejection, we loose chance of getting PR visa this time as well? Earlier for 0213 1 year Manager exp was must but now for 2174 NOC code Manager exp is not required, although my documents will be same as earlier, but it should really not concern them whether Manager exp was close to what they expected or not, as Manager exp is not a criteria any more for IT people.

1) So based on this, do you think we have a shot for applying again and our application will not be refused this time, please advise.

2) Second question is for point 6(d) question in IMM 5669 E page what should I reply as Yes or No? As we were not refused visa due to criminal offence or were not refused at first shot, it was rejected later at 2nd stage when CO was not satisfied with experience details. Please advise.

Keely looking forward for your advices. Thank you.

And als

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
for 2174 its already very late , but u can try your luck
Indian01 said:
Hello All,

I have an important question about following question from [IMM 5669 E form Background details], page 1, Q 6 (d)
6 (d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant, or permanent resident visa (including CSQ) or application to PNP or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or anyother country?

We applied for FSWP (skilled worker, IT) in 2010, After receiving 2nd file number, our case officer was not satisfied with the experience shown for 1 year as Managerial level and hence our case was closed. And after doing research that for any such case, they don't change their decision and there were very little chances of getting our case considered. Since during that time lot other things were going on, we did not follow-up on this as we saw several other people for whom application was rejected progress was going no-where and they were earing rejection even after providing more explainations.

So now in nutshell, we are deciding to apply under FSW program again. Do you think due to earlier rejection, we loose chance of getting PR visa this time as well? Earlier for 0213 1 year Manager exp was must but now for 2174 NOC code Manager exp is not required, although my documents will be same as earlier, but it should really not concern them whether Manager exp was close to what they expected or not, as Manager exp is not a criteria any more for IT people.

1) So based on this, do you think we have a shot for applying again and our application will not be refused this time, please advise.

2) Second question is for point 6(d) question in IMM 5669 E page what should I reply as Yes or No? As we were not refused visa due to criminal offence or were not refused at first shot, it was rejected later at 2nd stage when CO was not satisfied with experience details. Please advise.

Keely looking forward for your advices. Thank you.

And als

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Dear senior member of this froum, MR. PMM please review my case and give your comment:

Today I got one of the most depressing news of my life, the caipst note which says that my application for immigration to Canada was terminated by operation of section 87.4(1) of the immigration and Refugee protection Act.
I am one of 2007 skilled worker applicant from Afghanistan and sent all my original documents to ISB visa office in May 2011 which is still over there.
In fact , I do not agree with this wrong decision because Bill C-38 clearly says that Growth and Long-term Prosperity Act (Bill C-38) has become law, CIC will terminate processing Federal Skilled Worker files if applicants:
• applied before February 27, 2008, and
• have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria before March 29, 2012.
A decision based on Federal Skilled Worker selection criteria means that an immigration officer:
• has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
• has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.

As per the caips note I got in Oct 2012, the immigration office has assessed my file and awarded me total 55 points except adoptability for relationship with my sister, and English Language proficiency for which I was entitled 17 points: 12 points for IELTS test and 5 for relationship.
The reason was that due to unknown reason the IELTS test date was changed by British council in Kabul from April 21, 2011 to May 7th 2011 and we were notified by e-mail. So I attached the e-mail and registration slip with a cover letter saying they will receive the IELTS result in a few days. All other documents were sent which is still over there since May 9, 2011.
So my SELDEC was 1 dated 4-6-2011
PESDEC was 0,
Written: FN does not qualify the criteria
In other part of capis note says:
FN has not submitted IELTS result, so no points awarded for English language proficiency at this stage. However, FN has provided registration slip that shows IELTS test date as 07-05-2011.print out of and e-mail shows that FN has taken test on 07-05-2011.
Furthermore, they acknowledged the recite of IELTS result which received by them on 26-05-2011.
So this is not my fault, I have sent all requested doc but they have not calculated points for IELTS test.
As per my last caips note:
PESDEC 1 4-6-2011
SELDEC 7 12-2-2013
File BF’ date to: RET on 14-02-2015

I have not received any letter from VO yet either rejection and nor refund letter and all my original documents are still over there.
I really do not know whether to appeal for the court or not, and how much will be the possibility of success and cost and time associated with this.

infobaryah

Mar 25, 2019
Refused Application – Poor file making; Negative Evaluation; Accepted but not Processed
Rejected Application – Not anymore(Declined) ; Not accepted to process at all.

Reactions: jckailun

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
There is no difference between "Rejection" and "Refusal". Both are the same.
But f some one want to use a hash word. He will say it is " Rejected"
and on the contrary he will say " Refused"...
This is simply incorrect.

Rejection - your application has not even been reviewed nor processed because you have not met the preliminary requirements such as you've used a wrong form, missed a signature, didn't pay the correct fees upfront, or you are just ineligible to apply through a certain channel (it does happen - for instance, Taiwan would not allow Chinese-born Hong Kong residents to apply for a short-term entry/exit permit online if this is the first time they will visit Taiwan. If they did, it would be rejected and applicants would be required to make this application in person. Once they apply through the correct means, it's almost guaranteed to be approved.)

Refusal - your application is valid, but for some reason, the relevant personnel (e.g. a visa officer) has reached a decision that you are not eligible for the visa you applied for. It occurs a lot on visitor visa/ study permit applications in the case of Canada. They either determine that you're not a bona fide or genuine student, or that they're not satisfied that you'd leave at the end of your proposed stay in Canada. This is when the VO has already assessed your file and subsequently denies your application.

While it's common for one to colloquially use the 2 words interchangeably, they DO NOT carry the same meaning.