+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection of ICAI transcript by WES on 24th April 2019

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
1) Yes.
2) You dont need to give them details of failed attempts
3) You can count articleship experience as work experience provided you can get a letter from you partner stating the jobs and duties you performed which should be in line with the NOC Code. My friend got his work ex approved, they did talk to the partner though on the phone.

Harjinder1234

Feb 5, 2020
1) Yes.
3) You can count articleship experience as work experience provided you can get a letter from you partner stating the jobs and duties you performed which should be in line with the NOC Code. My friend got his work ex approved, they did talk to the partner though on the phone.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: Shradha Jain

Shradha Jain

Mar 4, 2020
Hlo
I qualified ca in may 2019 and have to apply for wes and i have membership no. also
But my convocation is due in july and i am not having certificate of membership.
Kindly help with the alternative option for my issue.

Reactions: calyanca

Shradha Jain

Mar 4, 2020
1) Yes.
1) Yes.
Can you please guide me that how your presented his articleship experience to be calculated as work experience.
It will be very kind of you if you connect me through e-mail:shradhajain1395@gmail.com

calyanca

Mar 13, 2019
Hi,
Since WES has amended the rules that the transcript has to be mandatorily sent by University/Institute to WES directly for ECA with effect from December 2018 (esp. for India), I have accordingly filled the online transcript application form for Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and requested them to send it to WES. ICAI has charged me 1700 + GST for the courier charges itself.

Post evaluation by WES, the transcript has been rejected mentioning below:

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Have anyone here faced this issue lately? It seems ICAI sends the courier through DHL and not by speed post. Could that be the reason for rejection? Not sure whom to reach out to in this case.

Thanks for any leads on this.

Hi there!! I am Chartered Accountant, qualified a year back looking for jobs in Canada. I would be very grateful to you if you can spare some of your time to helo me with the process of applying for Canadian PR and looking for jobs in Canada. Thanks in advance.

CA_himshree

Jul 16, 2021
Has anyone recently applied for ECA ?
It is mentioned on WES website that ICAI can electronically send the documents to WES. Despite of that ICAI is automatically charging a Rs. 1200 fees on the portal.

Last edited: