Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
SENIORS PLZ GIVE SOME PEARLS OF WISDOM......

Iceberg7 said:
Dear all,

Below you'll find part of the rejection mail I received..

Exact extract..

<<
You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 2171. This occupation is not included on the list of eligible occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008.
>>

Wish me luck in my journey.. :)
after reading whole of the thread, i am still confused..
is adding another exp. than the 38 NOC a right thing to do or not.?!!!

I

isysy

if you're applying for 0213, why mention something else?

maybe mention a bit, but not too much... not putting importance on it, coz really... they're looking for 0213, they will look for 0213.
check the other IT related NOC codes and read their job description.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST, to keep away from using those, or if you really work in those lines of duties but at the same time also a manager, then just don't mention it in your application form.

imagine yourself applying for job entitled... "IT NETWORK MANAGER" and you were asked to fill up a form for this application.

would you indicate that you do "Java programming", "Software Quality Assurance", "VPN Configuration", "Graphics Design" ... or would you indicate just one?

you decide :)

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about the refusal. Can you share the job description u provided with your application?

friend4u

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London U.k
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
preet83 said:
thanx alot i hav done the same thing downloaded new forms and sent them with more detailed description of my duties.and they will not think that duties are changed from the previous ones becaust this time i elaborated more my the previous duties not changed them.but i didnt sent the old forms
Dear Preet83,

As they already advised you in their rejection letter that your NOC job duties are not enough, reapply with complete duties.

You should prepare comprehensive job duties in seprate sheet of paper in addition with your previous duties.

friend4u

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London U.k
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
mafp said:
friend4u,

While re-applying if one has to attach the old application form as well. Wouldn't be case officer concerned about that "How come duties are changed in short period of time?"

Regards,
Dear mafp,

I don't think so that you need to send your previous forms. I heard that they don't keep record of your previous forms.

People make mistakes so as you did. Now prepare fresh forms with comprehensive NOC duties.

rizwan72

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Will you please write your sent job duties in NOC 0213 in order to get the idea why those were not accepted as per NOC 0213

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isysy,

When asking about your years of experience back to 5 years earlier for example, you have to include each and every position u have been in during that period.

Previous positions were not "managerial positions", should I skip/cut all my years of experience & never fill the form..just the latest one (which could probably be just 1 year..the minimum years of experience required)?!

Well, I did not find it makes much sense while i was filling down the application.
I added my my previous positions during that period they asked for.

Anyways, I hope everybody learn about it.
I hope my rejection could be useful for someone to learn & not make a mistake (if I did)!

Best of luck for everybody.

..wish me luck..

mafp

Oct 11, 2009
Re: SENIORS PLZ GIVE SOME PEARLS OF WISDOM......

aaycee said:
after reading whole of the thread, i am still confused..
is adding another exp. than the 38 NOC a right thing to do or not.?!!!
No don't add any other NOC. I have read the form of a successful applicant who is Data Center Manager. He covered his other experience under 0213 code . Like when he was Sr.network Engineer , he assigned it 0213 code , because even in that role he was performing some duties of Manager. same applies to Sr.Software Engineer or System Analyst roles.

Regards,

ppai

May 13, 2010
slavasz said:
If you work under 0213 why would you mention something else?
I don't understand.
Even if 2171 duties are part of 0213 you should only mention 0213.
You might have cleaned your desk and occasionally bought a pencil or two, but it doesn't mean that you are a cleaner or a purchase officer :)
hi slavasz

i have sent my appln to CIO on 24 June 2010 in the foll format. Is it correct? My past 4 years duties match 100% with 0213 and i have attached the job duties of 0213 in separate full sheet in detail ? Would the CIO still reject it since i have quoted other NOC's for my previous experience? Pls guide.

Total exp 11 years

4 years as Project Manager NOC :0213

3 years as Project Leader NOC 2173

3 years as Software Developer NOC :2174

1 year as Training Executive (I) NOC: 4131

sunnyboy786

Jun 24, 2009
You mentioned you spoke to call centre agent. Can you kindly give me the number of call centre agent.

mafp said:
Hi guys,

I was able to talk with Call Center Agent this evening. She took my File No. and told me the details why my application was rejected. I actually listed two occupations 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers ( This is listed occupation in 38 occupations ) and 2171 -Information Systems Analysts and Consultants ( That is not listed occupation) in my application. As i was of view that, i need only 1 year of experience in Listed occupation.

I have 2 and Half year of experience in 0213 (Listed Occupation) and 3 years in 2171 (Non-Listed Occupation) . She told that my application is rejected

1 - Due to inclusion of non-listed occupation ( 2171) and
2 - My mentioned job description of 0213 does not correspond with their list of duties ( I think this can be the main reason).

Although i have reviewed my application carefully again and have mapped my job description with their requirement and it satisfies the Occupation requirements. I am not sure why the Case Officer was unable to find substantial evidence.

Regards,

preet83

Apr 3, 2010
hi frnda should i need to sent the old forms also awid the new ones while reapplying??i sent only the letter and new forms

mafp

Oct 11, 2009
sunnyboy786 said:
You mentioned you spoke to call centre agent. Can you kindly give me the number of call centre agent.
Hi,

You can call at 0016139444000. You can select 1 then 2. Again 1 and then 2. After than you will in the respective menu. Now you can select either 0 or 1 to talk with Call center agent. Waiting timing is 10-15 minutes. you can quickly select above given options to reach the right menu as usually system tells long details in English and then repeats it in French. The Agent will ask about Client Id and if you don't have any tell him/her about your Last name and Date of Birth he/she shall be able to tell your application status. You can also request her/him to get your client ID. As once application is entered in the system a Client ID is assigned to it. Later you can use that Client Id to check your application status online.

Regards,
mafp

mafp

Oct 11, 2009
preet83 said:
hi frnda should i need to sent the old forms also awid the new ones while reapplying??i sent only the letter and new forms
Hi,
You must look at the following new occupation list before re-applying. Occupation are reduced from 38 to 29 with some other Caps.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

Regards,