+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection after second AOR. Discuss

Scorpiano

Mar 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry Guyz...I was just wondering what is the second AOR? Is it a confirmation for eligibility?

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scorpiano said:
Sorry Guyz...I was just wondering what is the second AOR? Is it a confirmation for eligibility?

First of all most applicants do not get the 2nd AOR - it seems to be a random process for now and only very few people have received it.

The way it is written it seems to be a second Acknowledgement of Receipt of your application. However, since it allows people on Canadian Work permits to actually extend their work permits it would indicate that someone getting this 2nd AOR is probably eligible for the program they applied to in the first place.

There are numerous cases where an applicants have received their PR without ever getting this second AOR. In fact, this seems to be the norm and receiving a second AOR is what is currently out of the norm.

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
Asivad Anac said:
With CIC, silence is invariably good news. They love communicating only when they have found reasons to reject your application.

Yup... hopes are high!

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad and other seniors,

This link seems to provide an idea of the processing stages for an application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

After the clearance of which of these stages do you guys believe a person is issued (or should be issued) a second AOR?

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
sam_172452 said:

After the clearance of which of these stages do you guys believe a person is issued (or should be issued) a second AOR?
Nice find buddy! I am willing to bet that it is issued after the third stage.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:

After the Selection decision. Which validates that you have at least 67/100.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I certainly hope you are correct Asivad.

Any idea how long a criminal background check takes?

I have a friend of mine who got accepted into graduate school in Canada in a very reputable university. The average processing time for a student visa in our local visa office is 7 weeks. His application has now entered week 15 and he is still waiting...When he sent a CSE about his case they simply responded that his application has been put on background check.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Asivad... you mentioned something about the proximity of medical tests with the eAPR submission... I got my medicals done on 17th June however I have not submitted my eAPR yet due to an unexpected delay with the Police Clearance certificates... my submission deadline is 11th Aug however, I should submit my application before the end of July... should I be worried about my medicals being passed by CIC?

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
HB.Agenda2 said:
Hi Asivad... you mentioned something about the proximity of medical tests with the eAPR submission... I got my medicals done on 17th June however I have not submitted my eAPR yet due to an unexpected delay with the Police Clearance certificates... my submission deadline is 11th Aug however, I should submit my application before the end of July... should I be worried about my medicals being passed by CIC?
Nope. thats fine. Your medicals will be linked to a Uniq identity number. So its ok

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HB.Agenda2 said:
It might get delayed but it would still be passed if all is well with your Medicals.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Asivad Anac said:
It might get delayed but it would still be passed if all is well with your Medicals.
thanks for your reply rahul and asivad... delayed? hmmm.... you've encountered such cases in the forum @asivad?

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
also the clinic lady said that if we don't call you back after the reports are in.... you should rest assured that all is well with the medicals... is that true or CIC might still find flaws in medicals?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HB.Agenda2 said:
also the clinic lady said that if we don't call you back after the reports are in.... you should rest assured that all is well with the medicals... is that true or CIC might still find flaws in medicals?
CIC would go with what the clinic says. If they send out a perfect report, CIC will update status to 'Passed'

HB.Agenda2 said:
thanks for your reply rahul and asivad... delayed? hmmm.... you've encountered such cases in the forum @ asivad?
Yes. Trawl through that 450 page thread of AOR and you'll find quite a few cases.

Scorpiano

Mar 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
First of all most applicants do not get the 2nd AOR - it seems to be a random process for now and only very few people have received it.

The way it is written it seems to be a second Acknowledgement of Receipt of your application. However, since it allows people on Canadian Work permits to actually extend their work permits it would indicate that someone getting this 2nd AOR is probably eligible for the program they applied to in the first place.

There are numerous cases where an applicants have received their PR without ever getting this second AOR. In fact, this seems to be the norm and receiving a second AOR is what is currently out of the norm.
Thanks sam