+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejected. help!

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
After an outcome of inadmissibale for 2 years and misrepresentation will appealing help? Do you know if there was ever cases where a person won an appeal and was allowed to enter Canada after such results?

History: Spousal sponsership rejected because of misrepresentation in interview.

My spouse is waiting to see a lawyer in a few days and we want to know if it makes sense and what are our options?

B

boyee6576

Wow I am so sorry to hear what happened but seeing the lawyer to weigh your options I think is the best way.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I'm very sorry.. boyee is right, first you need to find a good immigration lawyer.

This website has all the appeal cases for immigration. You can search and try to find cases like yours: http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/

In the meantime, if it is possible, perhaps you could live with your partner in their country? That would help your case quite a bit. If not, continue to gather evidence of your ongoing relationship to bring with you to the appeal.

I wouldn't give up hope! Perhaps it was just a mistake or mix up that caused the misrepresentation. Best of luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Are you willing to tell us the circumstances of the case? If we know what kind of misrepresentation it was, and if the visa officer's decision sounds reasonable or not, we could give you better advice.
In any case, you need a lawyer for this.
People have definitely been approved for a PR visa after having been found inadmissable for 2 years, so worst case is that you would have to wait 2 years and apply again.