02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
You are good to go.

CLB-IELTS conversion > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#5609E2

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
This is highly motivating after the disastrous news broken yesterday that my application has been refused for a silly thing. I am planning to re-apply under CEC NOC 0,A with new norms of 1 yr of Canadian Experience. Please confirm if I can submit my application now without PCC and resubmit PCC once I recieve it. will this option works? if it does how can I send the PCC later once I recieve it? Also for the Employee Referral submitted was of this format:-

To Whom It May Concern:

Mr. ABC XYZ is a full time permanent employee of XXXXX. He joined XXX effective December 20, 2004, and came on assignment to our Canadian operations effective September 01, 2008.

Mr ABC XYZ's current role is a Quality Assurance Manager, and his current annual income is $ 69,835 CAD. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Thank you for your consideration.

This clearly states that I was working as full time employee with my company and at the time of application was workign for last 3+ yrs, do not know why they just disregarded it

noidea4id

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry to hear about the devastating news ScorpionKing23

Your employment letter should mention hours/week and more detailed duties.
Weird that they argue on your paystubs, if I recall, it is not mandatory to submit them so how can they become ground for a refusal?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
SkorpionKing23,

Thanks for sharing your info. This comes as a learning for all others.
Have just clarity to seek - your employment letter does not seem to contain detailed duties and responsibilities. Had you listed it yourself and submitted with your package ?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:
This is highly motivating after the disastrous news broken yesterday that my application has been refused for a silly thing. I am planning to re-apply under CEC NOC 0,A with new norms of 1 yr of Canadian Experience. Please confirm if I can submit my application now without PCC and resubmit PCC once I recieve it. will this option works? if it does how can I send the PCC later once I recieve it? Also for the Employee Referral submitted was of this format:-

To Whom It May Concern:

Mr. ABC XYZ is a full time permanent employee of XXXXX. He joined XXX effective December 20, 2004, and came on assignment to our Canadian operations effective September 01, 2008.

Mr ABC XYZ's current role is a Quality Assurance Manager, and his current annual income is $ 69,835 CAD. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Thank you for your consideration.

This clearly states that I was working as full time employee with my company and at the time of application was workign for last 3+ yrs, do not know why they just disregarded it
You should list your duties and responsibilities on your new reference letter. If you don't, your application will be rejected again.

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
Johnny31 said:
You should list your duties and responsibilities on your new reference letter. If you don't, your application will be rejected again.
My employer will not provide duties and respobsibilities details on referal letter, can I use the same letter along with cover letter, prepared by me, specifying work hours, duties, role and responsibilities

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:
My employer will not provide duties and respobsibilities details on referal letter, can I use the same letter along with cover letter, prepared by me, specifying work hours, duties, role and responsibilities
would he sigh the cover letter?

SkorpionKing23

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
Johnny31 said:
would he sigh the cover letter?
The employer referal letter was on Company Letter head and was signed by HR Manager

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:
The employer referal letter was on Company Letter head and was signed by HR Manager
It seems like this case is happening over and over again. A government clerk decides to ignore all the supporting evidence and common sense as long the letter does not detail the job responsibilities. In some cases people were rejected even as duties were stated but didn't match closely enough per the clerks understanding.
This is simply outrageous, how come an annual salary, tax return/pay stubs and employment letter with start/end dates and job title are not good enough to prove skilled work experience?? This lacks any common sense!
I really think its time that somebody takes his rejection letter and go to his local MP to try sort it out.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SkorpionKing23 said:
Well, if the only letter that he will sign is the letter that doesn't include your duties and responsibilities and not the cover letter written by you, then your case would be tough to to get through when the Visa Officer told you one of the main reason you were rejected was because your company letter didn't include your duties and responsibilities. You can write or provide 50 letters with your duties and responsibilities, but if none of them has a signature by your boss, it wouldn't matter.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
It seems like this case is happening over and over again. A government clerk decides to ignore all the supporting evidence and common sense as long the letter does not detail the job responsibilities. In some cases people were rejected even as duties were stated but didn't match closely enough per the clerks understanding.
This is simply outrageous, how come an annual salary, tax return/pay stubs and employment letter with start/end dates and job title are not good enough to prove skilled work experience?? This lacks any common sense!
I really think its time that somebody takes his rejection letter and go to his local MP to try sort it out.
CIC states very clearly on what they are looking for in a reference letter:

The letter must include all of the following information:
- The specific period of your employment with the company,
- The positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position,
- Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
- Your total annual salary plus benefits
- The number of hours worked per week

CEC is a pass/fail system, if you have ALL of the above in your reference letter, you will be okay. If you don't, you will be refused.

I don't know how complaining to your local MP would help your case when CIC tells you exactly what they are looking for and they also tell you if you don't provide what they want, you won't pass. Doesn't matter if your duties/responsibilities are on your pay stub, cover letter..etc, if it's not on your reference letter, CIC won't consider it.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Just to add something here.

It is not that CIC rejects purely on the ground of Duties and Responsibilities not listed in the Reference letter. You have to provide all your docs - Employment letter, offer letters, contract, petition, T4, NOA, all pay stubs to date and along with this, an explanation of why Duties and Responsibilities are not present in your employment letter. If your employer is not agreeable, you can provide the copy of email / letter of your communication with your employer highlighting the issue.

It is all about how well you are able to convince the Officer of your situation.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
One thing missed.... it is a MUST that you list detailed Duties and Responsibilities yourself in support of your claim while you are trying to convince the Officer.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Just to add something here.

It is not that CIC rejects purely on the ground of Duties and Responsibilities not listed in the Reference letter. You have to provide all your docs - Employment letter, offer letters, contract, petition, T4, NOA, all pay stubs to date and along with this, an explanation of why Duties and Responsibilities are not present in your employment letter. If your employer is not agreeable, you can provide the copy of email / letter of your communication with your employer highlighting the issue.

It is all about how well you are able to convince the Officer of your situation.
I think you are wrong. CIC does not ASK for all this information but states this as an optional supporting documents that can be sent with the application. the must is just T4/tax return and employment reference letter. I agree that it is wise to send it all along with the application if the reference letter is not up to the standards they required - but this is a exactly the point here, ScorpionKing did sent the pay stubs and tax returns. As far as i understand from the rejection letter, his employment is not in question. What's in question is that his work was a SKILLED work. How can anyone doubt that Quality Assurance Manager position with 50K+ annual salary can be considered unskilled?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
CIC states very clearly on what they are looking for in a reference letter:

The letter must include all of the following information:
- The specific period of your employment with the company,
- The positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position,
- Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
- Your total annual salary plus benefits
- The number of hours worked per week

CEC is a pass/fail system, if you have ALL of the above in your reference letter, you will be okay. If you don't, you will be refused.

I don't know how complaining to your local MP would help your case when CIC tells you exactly what they are looking for and they also tell you if you don't provide what they want, you won't pass. Doesn't matter if your duties/responsibilities are on your pay stub, cover letter..etc, if it's not on your reference letter, CIC won't consider it.
The problem is that it is absurd to demand a piece of evidence/documentation which is not standard, not legal and cannot be obtained from all work places. This is the point here - not all employers will give you such letter, so does it automatically make that group not eligible to CEC?
It is possible to use the Pass/Fail system and simply reject any application which is not 100% compliant with CEC requirements. It is also possible to review the alternative evidence provided by the applicant and rule that application is compliant with the CEC rules. After all, it is not the LAW to provide this reference document but a operational procedure and it can be changed, amended and/or waived by CIC. This is exactly where MP can come into picture and show the absurdity of the situation where all evidence is screaming the case is valid CEC case and it is being rejected for totally technical reasons. I am not saying not to re-apply, i am just saying that MP have the power and may help out here.