+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reissue of my Indian Passport while PR in process.

Eddie2455

Apr 26, 2012
Do I need to inform CIC for my passport reissue as it got damaged recently and I applied for reissue of the passport. I also need to take PCC for the passport office as I did not include police certificate while applying for PR. I am waiting for my passport as it is in process and after that will apply for PCC from Passport office, India. I am bit worried that if I submit my PCC with the new Passport no. they will get confused and may reject my PR application. What can I do to fix this issue. Please help me.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Eddie2455 said:
Do I need to inform CIC for my passport reissue as it got damaged recently and I applied for reissue of the passport. I also need to take PCC for the passport office as I did not include police certificate while applying for PR. I am waiting for my passport as it is in process and after that will apply for PCC from Passport office, India. I am bit worried that if I submit my PCC with the new Passport no. they will get confused and may reject my PR application. What can I do to fix this issue. Please help me.
Hi Eddie2455,

As I don't see any of your time lines on your profile, I have no idea where you are right now in your process. Just per my understaind, you have sent your application to CIO...but don't know whether your have received your AOR and MR yet or not.

If you have already received your AOR, the best thing is to inform CIO saying that your passport got damaged and have already applied for the new one. Also let them know that you are going to send them a copy of your new passport as soon as you receive it.

Coming to your Indian PCC, if you are out side of India, you can always get it from the Indian Embassy/Consulate. It took for me just 2 weeks in USA (it might be because that I had renewed my Indian passport here in USA, but I am not very sure).

Give CIO your complete details in your cover letter...example: your full name, DOB, UCI Number, etc etc.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

kaixue

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Eddie,

Did you solve your problem? How did it turn out? I also have the same issue.

Thanks,
Kai