July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi
I wish to register a business and open a business account in canada. I am a canadian PR but am currently in USA. I wish to do register my business in Canada. I will be travelling to Alberta soon for some days.

What type do u recommend for a startup company. (May be 2-3 activity only per year). Any help guidance and whats the procedure?

I will be staying in USA so my issue is that I wish to open a business (Sole, Partnership, Corporation??) which is less paperwork to maintain, if possible less tax paperwork etc etc. At the initial 1st -2 years I do not see any activities or big transactions.

The nature of business would be Online - Like SEO services, website services or online selling goods

Pls guide

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Sole propeprietorship will offer you a business that is dealt with as part of your personal taxes. All income combined. Unfortunately so is the risk. Creditors & people that sue you can come after your house (if you own one).

Limited company offers better protection, but also costs more to start, and have slightly more paperwork. Personally this would be my preference because of the reduced exposure.

One thing to keep in mind, is that in order to incorporate in Canada (anywhere) is that you need a legal Canadian address to do so. I suspect you will run into trouble incorporating with a non Canadian address.

If you are offering online services only, no need to incorporate in Canada. You can incorporate in US and trade from there. Even if you wish to sell products in Canada, no reason why you can not do so online from USA.

I am selling in US (and worldwide in some instances), but only incorporated in one province in Canada. Online though. As soon as you have a physical presence in Canada as a business however you may have to incorporate in Canada.

Good luck :)