+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding the timing of posting IELTS score

sumit39

Jun 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me and my wife are planning to file the application in next 15 days. But as a Primary applicant i have not appeared for the IELTS and i am not sure if thsi score is must while applying or you can send the score proof later also. If i have to appear for IELTS then minimum it will take 2 months and hence the processing will get delayed. Please let me know what should i do.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
sumit39, IELTS score is not required at first stage of application but will be required when you send the full application to visa office. However, it is recommended that one should take IELTS first making sure if he/she can gather required 67 points.

There are cases on this forum where Applicant sent initial application without IELTS score and later on discovered that they could not make 67 points. There could be other complications too like IELTS results not received before the due date of full application being sent to VISA Office.

So in short, you can send Initial Application without IELTS score and claim all 16 points (if you wish) and your actual points will be recalculated when you send IELTS result during full application submission to VISA office. Hope this helps.