+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding submitting passport to Ottawa CPC

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Hello Experts and Seniors,

I need your help. My name is Satbeer Singh and I applied for my PR under family class in the New Delhi office.

I live in Canada on work permit with my wife. Just applied for PR through OUTLAND route.

I have just now received passport request from NDVO. I think they noticed that I am in Canada hence they offered me an option to submit my passport at Ottawa CPC but if I plan to stay in Canada for at least 3 months.

But the fact is that I already have my flights booked to fly back home India on November 15, 2014 for 3 weeks.

My questions are as under:

1) How long does it take for someone whose file was processed in NDVO but submitting passport at Ottawa CPC to get visa stamped ?

2) Since NDVO mentioned that I should remain in Canada for 3 months if I was sending passport to Ottawa CPC then does it mean that it might take upto 3 months for them to issue the visa and send my passport back to me? Bcos if this is the case then I will definitely miss my flight on November 15, 2014.

3) Lets say if I get my passport with visa back earlier than November 15, 2014. Then I exit and re-enter Canada for getting PR status papers and apply for PR card but leave the Canada without the PR card since it takes months to get it, can I return back to Canada without PR card? I do have my entry visa and work permit valid until December 2015. But will it be okay to NOT have PR card and just landing papers and valid entry visa ????

4) Option 4 is that I should just immediately leave for India and should submit my passport at NDVO. They are processing passports within 1 week time currently. That way I can return back to Canada with PR visa ?

What should I do I am not sure.....Please provide your expert inputs so that I can take informed decision.

Many thanks

Satbeer