Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
sam_172452 said:
Kucuy,

Don't worry too much about it. Yes, I'm saying that and I think I rank first in worrying on this forum!
@ Rahul12 somehow got away without declaring a rejected UK visa. I believe the fact that you scanned your approved Canadian TRV will certainly show the VO that it's an innocent mistake made on your part. Did you also include your previous UCI number?
Lol. Somehow got away? MY US visit visa got rejected coz i forgot to take my study permit with me. I booked my appointment the next week in toronto and got the visa.
Not Declaring a rejected visit visa will not be an issue at all (except for visit visa for canada).

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Has anyone Marked yes to these questions and got the PR.I had visitor visa rejection to usa in 2010 but had got a dependent visa later in 2012 after marriage to usa.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahul12 said:
Lol. Somehow got away? MY US visit visa got rejected coz i forgot to take my study permit with me. I booked my appointment the next week in toronto and got the visa.
Not Declaring a rejected visit visa will not be an issue at all (except for visit visa for canada).
Rahul buddy. I am quite certain the VOs at CIC do not appreciate getting lied to. If a person says he was never rejected a visa but has been rejected a visa to ANY country in the world than that is considered as a lie. It is up to the CIC officer whether or not the issue is worth contacting other embassies to investigate or not. I don't see an issue at all with advising people to be honest but I think it's quite dangerous to advise people to not declare.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
Yes.
but you know right, u need to write a LOE for ever rejection

tymix

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
sam_172452 said:
Rahul buddy. I am quite certain the VOs at CIC do not appreciate getting lied to. If a person says he was never rejected a visa but has been rejected a visa to ANY country in the world than that is considered as a lie. It is up to the CIC officer whether or not the issue is worth contacting other embassies to investigate or not. I don't see an issue at all with advising people to be honest but I think it's quite dangerous to advise people to not declare.
There are more than 220 countries in the world. Would the CIC officer contact them all to determine whether an applicant has ever been refused a visa before?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tymix said:
There are more than 220 countries in the world. Would the CIC officer contact them all to determine whether an applicant has ever been refused a visa before?
No. Misrepresentation is deliberate withholding of potentially incriminating information and the applicant will be penalized if and when caught.

The rest is individual decision. Not everyone gets caught, some get lucky too.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
Ok, so after reading this thread I got a hunch about my own application and logged in to my CIC profile to check on the statutory section and oh sorprise! I noticed that when asked whether I'd applied to CIC before I answered NO but I actually did applied for a visitors visa back in 2011 which I got, and also submitted scanned copies of the expired visa in my passport when I submitted my application :/.
I guess I got confused with that question back when I filled my EE profile and thought it meant if I had applied for PR before (Which I have not)... Now I wonder if I should just let it be or send a CSE explaining this "mistake" . What do you guys think?

...I feel like the more I read this forum the more antsy I get about my application... sighs...
Hello @Kucuy,

did you ever send a CSE about this?

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

In June my application was canceled due to missing documents - not uploaded diploma but WES only.

Should I answer to both questions as Yes? I have already filled in the previous rejected application details (EE number and UCI number) in my file...

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
Hi all,

In June my application was canceled due to missing documents - not uploaded diploma but WES only.

Should I answer to both questions as Yes? I have already filled in the previous rejected application details (EE number and UCI number) in my file...
I would believe so. Just wait a bit for more opinions from other senior members on this.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
Hi all,

I think so, even though it may not actually be a rejection. Because it is Canada, they know already, and in the explanation part on Schedule A or LOE in your original application, you can explain that it was rejected as incomplete. You might not have to do this, but it will make you look more honest and thorough if you do.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I think so, even though it may not actually be a rejection. Because it is Canada, they know already, and in the explanation part on Schedule A or LOE in your original application, you can explain that it was rejected as incomplete. You might not have to do this, but it will make you look more honest and thorough if you do.
Well, that is exactly what I am thinking... my processing fees were refunded, and I am not sure it is "pure" rejection, however I think I will feel safer when answering both as Yes and explaining it in LOE... I just wanted to sync with other members which were rejected in EE on how to approach this issue... it is nicer when the procedure is more uniform and we all do similar things in our applications....

Thanks dobes and sam for sharing your thoughts... ;)

pmathew

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts
Please help with me this.

I am here on a closed work permit(LMIA) and work location is Victoria BC. Earlier this year, one of my clients wanted me to work onsite for few days and so my employer asked me to submit a work location change request. It is the same process as applying a work permit.. BUt that work permit was refused.

Now i am in the process of applying for PR and in the same confusion as others.

For those two statutory questions(Have you ever been denied a visa or work permit)... should i answer YES or NO.
Can someone please guide me. Thanks!

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
I have a question reg these 2 Statutory Qs....
I applied for NZ PR , got selected in the draw, got ITA and applied. But the Assessing Officer deducted some points, and I fell below the draw cutoff. So my application was rejected due to insufficient points.
Is that a YES, for these two Statutory questions?