+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding pgwp

sawal

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i opt a ps diploma of computer programming in sheridan for 16 months that is a fast track course to a carrer how much of work permit will i be granted ?????????

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
If u your course is less than two years then u will get PGWP equal to your course duration , for two years or more u will get 3 years PGWP....

yusuf1989

Aug 25, 2012
hey moni
my friends got 3years wp he had takin international business for 2 years course in lambton college and got
2 years study permit but after reaching canada he change the course to HRM which is 1 year after completing course he applied for pgwpso he got 3 years pgwp on basis of study permit he told me so how cum this think happen and on what basis.

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

yusuf1989 said:
hey moni
my friends got 3years wp he had takin international business for 2 years course in lambton college and got
2 years study permit but after reaching canada he change the course to HRM which is 1 year after completing course he applied for pgwpso he got 3 years pgwp on basis of study permit he told me so how cum this think happen and on what basis.

Do you think if we will trust your words?

tiger007

Champion Member
sawal said:
if i opt a ps diploma of computer programming in sheridan for 16 months that is a fast track course to a carrer how much of work permit will i be granted ?????????
Hi,

2 academic years of full time studies = 3 years PGWP.

But, one must remember that, 1 semester = 4 months.
1 academic year= 2 semesters = 8 months. and
2 academic years = 4 semesters= 16 months.

So, as long as the course is of 4 terms/4 semesters from a recognized Canadian educational institute, doesn't matter it is completed continuously in 16 months, is completed in 20 months(with 1 summer break) or is completed in 24 months (with 2 summer breaks), one will get 3 years PGWP.

Hope it clears your doubts.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey guys..

You are discussing exactly what i wanted to know.

I completed a 3 semester (2 semesters taught, 1 semester internship) post grad diploma.

And got a one year open work permit.

The next my company renewed the work permit - but under their name hence it became a restricted work permit.

My question - was i eligible to get another year as open work permit as well? I'm fully aware of the fact that WP cannot be more than the duration of study. But the immigration lawyer i went to, told me that 3 semester program gets 2 years open work permit.

Can anyone please confirm that or point me to some info source where i could confirm that?

Thank you.

harry18

Jul 21, 2012
how much work permit we get if we do 2 courses of 1 year ?

and how will it effect if we do our frst course in jan batch and nxt course in sept batch of nxt year with gap from jan to sept ?

i need deatiled and experienced info on this !

PLZ HELP !

RNK

Jul 30, 2012
HYDERABAD
Visa Office......
CHC-DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-12
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-12
+1 for tiger

H

HBK

InfoSeeker12 said:
Hey guys..

You are discussing exactly what i wanted to know.

I completed a 3 semester (2 semesters taught, 1 semester internship) post grad diploma.

And got a one year open work permit.

The next my company renewed the work permit - but under their name hence it became a restricted work permit.

My question - was i eligible to get another year as open work permit as well? I'm fully aware of the fact that WP cannot be more than the duration of study. But the immigration lawyer i went to, told me that 3 semester program gets 2 years open work permit.

Can anyone please confirm that or point me to some info source where i could confirm that?

Thank you.
8 months program (1 academic year)=8 months PGWP.
1 year program (8 months + 4 months co-op=1 year PGWP.

If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
1) If I join Co-op course right after 1 year PG certificate program, will it cancel PGWP? meaning -> Will I be allowed for PGWP if I join Co-op right after graduation from 1 year PG certificate program?

2) If I apply for Co-op that is under NOC level skills, will I be allowed for PNP without PGWP?

Thanks,,

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

harith86 said:
1) If I join Co-op course right after 1 year PG certificate program, will it cancel PGWP? meaning -> Will I be allowed for PGWP if I join Co-op right after graduation from 1 year PG certificate program?

2) If I apply for Co-op that is under NOC level skills, will I be allowed for PNP without PGWP?

Thanks,,

1. You won't be allowed co-op once you graduate, it must be a part of your course.
2. No.

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jd5 said:
Hi,

Do you think if we will trust your words?
u really do not trust those words.. thn u need serious consultation.. i have some friends who get 3 years pgwp after 1 years course.. 8 months study+4 months co op.... dude.... do not mind.. but we are here to help you not to make rumors...

tiger007

Champion Member
HBK said:
8 months program (1 academic year)=8 months PGWP.
1 year program (8 months + 4 months co-op=1 year PGWP.

If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
Hi,

True. I am not denying.. that it is written on CIC website...that 8 months certificate course will give 8 months of PGWP. However, if you see the course name..of most of these 8 months/2 sem courses... for example say most of these PG certificate courses in Ontario colleges... all are called 1 YEAR ONTARIO GRADUATE CERTIFICATE...and NOT called as 8 months Ontario graduate certificate courses! Because for the simple reasons-

1. Canadian educational system recognizes 1 academic year= minimum 2 semesters/2 terms(can be 3 if internship/co-op option is added within that year), and
2.the credit hours/credit load also matters, and in 2 terms if one has studied minimum 36 credit hours/credit units of courses...
then those who do a 2 sem (actual 8 months study) of full time study in courses which are called One year graduate/post secondary certificate (with minimum 36 credit hours/units)... will be eligible in most cases for 1 year PGWP and not 8 months.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You can VERIFY from other sources too.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello again,

I applied for ESL + 1year (8months) PG certificate course..

- PGWP will be for ESL period as well? or only the PG course will be considered for PGWP?

Thanks

tiger007

Champion Member
harith86 said:
Hello again,

I applied for ESL + 1year (8months) PG certificate course..

- PGWP will be for ESL period as well? or only the PG course will be considered for PGWP?

Thanks
Hi,

No. you will not get PGWP for ESL course.

on CIC website it is clearly mentioned that to get PGWP:
You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

SO, If your ESL programme was atleast 8 months long, and if you were awarded a certificate form a recognized Canadian educational institute for the ESL course, only then, that time would have been considered for PGWP.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.