+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding my status in Canada

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I just passed the 1-year mark since I got my PR. When I came to Canada in 2010, my refugee claim was denied and then my fathered sponsored me. I submitted my PR application in the summer of 2013 and then got my pr car in March of 2017. While my application was being processed, I stayed in Canada. The new immigration law that was passed last year, it gives a person 365 free days if you lived in Canada. If I am qualified for the 365 days, I should be able to apply for my citizenship in March of 2019. What status would I have had while waiting for my PR card application to process? Would temporarily pr count? I would greatly appreciate if someone could please help me out with this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What was your status in Canada while you were waiting to be granted PR through your father's PR application after his protected person status was granted.? Seems like you either didn't have status or you applied to be a visitor after your own asylum claim was refused. That would mean all the time before your PR doesn't count.