+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding getting my Spouse to Canada

praveen717

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Hi guys,

Hopefully some of you could suggest me what to do in my situation.

I am under open work permit in Canada (until July 2017) I am currently working. My company has just applied LMIA for PR for me last week.

I am getting married this December 5th. Most probably i will know my LMIA process result within that.

Is it possible I could get my spouse to Canada as soon as the marriage is over? either thru Visitors Visa or Open Work permit?

I saw that I need to have minimum of 6 months open work permit for my spouse to get the approval? Which is exactly my case as mine will expire by July 02nd 2017. not sure about the process time also..

If Visitors visa is the only chance then should I make sure she comes and visit me ones before wedding? or it shouldn't be a problem for her to get visitors VISA even though she will quit her job by December?

kindly help with any suggestions on this. Any information would be helpful on this. Thank you.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
this topic is a bit difficult to answer,
I see that not many people responds to you question,
Always is a good idea to consult an immigration lawyer
to make sure that you do things right...
I have seen in the past many people making mistakes
that prevent spouses to come to Canada, therefore,
is a good idea to get professional advise.

Good luck, and wish you all the best in the new life
that you are finding in Canada and soon as a couple..

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
since you are not currently a PR, this board is not going to be very helpful in answering your question. you will want to go to the foreign worker board on this forum and ask there. you may be able to add her to your work permit renewal application or she may need to qualify for her own. you won't be able to add her to your application until you are actually married.

praveen717

Star Member
May 25, 2012
thanks guys.. I am thinking of going to a law firm only.. I live in Toronto and still looking for a firm to trust that it will be done right.. And yeah will also post on other forum and check..