+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding excessive processing time for parents super visa

Ytharth19

Feb 2, 2024
Hello everyone i need some suggestions regarding my parents super visa application .
I.ve applied for my parents super visa application in march of 2023 and still haven't got any decision yet. My father who is now retired but was working as a high ranking police officer in Punjab and my mother is currently working as a professor .
A month after submitting the file CIC requested us a police/military tables for my father's application which we filled out and submitted the very next days.
After some time they requested some medical documents from my mother , which we submitted right away as well .
After submitting everything , even as of today Jan 2024 , the file is still in process for both of my parent's.
After checking the CIC tracker for my father's file it says biometric , medical , eligibility is done but background check is still ongoing , which has been the same for the past 5 months ,, whereas for my mother's file biometric , medical has been done , background check is ongoing and eligibility has not even started yet .
Even calling CIC and asking them why this application is taking so long , they only have one thing to say that it is still in process. I have already gotten in touch with my local MP they also have same thing to say ..

Please if there is anyone out there , who is experiencing the same situation , please shares your suggestion ..
Thankyou

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone i need some suggestions regarding my parents super visa application .
I.ve applied for my parents super visa application in march of 2023 and still haven't got any decision yet. My father who is now retired but was working as a high ranking police officer in Punjab and my mother is currently working as a professor .
A month after submitting the file CIC requested us a police/military tables for my father's application which we filled out and submitted the very next days.
After some time they requested some medical documents from my mother , which we submitted right away as well .
After submitting everything , even as of today Jan 2024 , the file is still in process for both of my parent's.
After checking the CIC tracker for my father's file it says biometric , medical , eligibility is done but background check is still ongoing , which has been the same for the past 5 months ,, whereas for my mother's file biometric , medical has been done , background check is ongoing and eligibility has not even started yet .
Even calling CIC and asking them why this application is taking so long , they only have one thing to say that it is still in process. I have already gotten in touch with my local MP they also have same thing to say ..

Please if there is anyone out there , who is experiencing the same situation , please shares your suggestion ..
Thankyou
This is not unusual for high ranking security officials.

mann20

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
I am exactly in a same situation as you. Applied Super Visa for parents in Jan 2023. Still waiting.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021

Thankyou
Hi did you get any response on your files