+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Citizenship

vbollu

May 18, 2019
Hi,

I currently hold an Indian passport and permanent resident of Canada. I have applied for Canadian citizenship it is under processing. I am planning to apply for USA visa now, will that affect the Canadian citizenship process if I apply for the USA visa now, as previously my USA visa was rejected more than multiple times. Looking for suggestions, is it better to wait until I get the Canadian citizenship or If I apply for a USA visa now will be there be any risks

Thanks

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

I currently hold an Indian passport and permanent resident of Canada. I have applied for Canadian citizenship it is under processing. I am planning to apply for USA visa now, will that affect the Canadian citizenship process if I apply for the USA visa now, as previously my USA visa was rejected more than multiple times.

Thanks
people move out of Canada after applying for citizenship. And US visa is nothing to do with getting Canadian citizenship processing.
If you move out then you should be ready to come back to Canada for oath.

if its already rejected multiple times then you should only seek visa for important categories such as work visa etc and you should avoid B visa. Which visa are you trying to apply? Which one was rejected earlier?

Try to move after attending test. whats your application status?

vbollu

May 18, 2019
people move out of Canada after applying for citizenship. And US visa is nothing to do with getting Canadian citizenship processing.
If you move out then you should be ready to come back to Canada for oath.

if its already rejected multiple times then you should only seek visa for important categories such as work visa etc and you should avoid B visa. Which visa are you trying to apply? Which one was rejected earlier?

Try to move after attending test. whats your application status?
Actually, i am looking to apply for USA tourist VISA, im not planning to move permanently just would like to stay in USA for a week for vacation, but my visit to USA its not that important. Earlier student visa was rejected. My application status for citizenship is under processing , i have applied last month only..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Actually, i am looking to apply for USA tourist VISA, im not planning to move permanently just would like to stay in USA for a week for vacation, but my visit to USA its not that important. Earlier student visa was rejected. My application status for citizenship is under processing , i have applied last month only..
if F1 was rejected multiple times then i dont see any hope on B1.
if its not urgent/important then you should wait for citizenship to give it a try at border after getting Canadian passport rather than adding more rejection(if suppose it happens again). At least you might get through at border using canaidan passport as adjudication between border guys and consulates are way different as per my opinion and giving few years before applying at border gives you more chances of allowing you to enter US(than trying for visa now and risking rejection and try B1 later using canaidan passport next year).

Think on above and decide.

Reactions: iceman55