+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding aging of Fund

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear Members,

I have received ITA on 102nd draw (CRS-440). As my CRS was at borderline level I did not encashed my savings and put it into my bank account. Day after receiving ITA i encashed all investments in government savings certificate and deposited in my account. i also had to transfer some fund from my spouse's account. all these transactions (in 4 transactions) done within 1 week from receiving ITA. Now that the fund is in my account for relatively very short period of time do i need to explain source of fund in LOE?

mentionable here, they did not provide any sort of receipt while i encashed the certificates. upon enquiry, they said no particular form exists for this purpose, but if i write a certificate in a white paper they will sign it (no official letterhead).

would really appreciate any advice in this regard.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
so basically a large influx of funds into your account and you don't have any supporting documentation to support/prove where the money came from? I would reckon the best way is to make a gift deed as with the current scenario, it will be very difficult to persuade or convince the visa officer about the origin of the funds.

on the other hand, i assume you must have the saving certificate copies? you can use this to proof where the funds came from and highlight these transactions in the bank statements. once again this is just my non-expert opinion. Let's wait for senior members or members who have been through a similar situation respond.