+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reg: Visa processing for attending in-person interview in Canada

kingkonemdu

Dec 23, 2009
Dear all,

Currently i got a interview call from a Canadian employer for in-person interview ( i.e. face to face interview) with date ( saying 4 days ) & In invitation letter from Canadian employer... they have mentioned that interview purpose he is visiting & requesting as Business visitor to embassy. Once finished the interview he will return back to own country

Regarding my current situation, about me unemployed ( But 5 years experience), no visa or anyother visa for entering into Canada, Currently in India.

My queries

1. What visa i need to apply in order to enter Canada..?

Urgent please.......for reply

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kingkonemdu said:
Dear all,

Currently i got a interview call from a Canadian employer for in-person interview ( i.e. face to face interview) with date ( saying 4 days ) & In invitation letter from Canadian employer... they have mentioned that interview purpose he is visiting & requesting as Business visitor to embassy. Once finished the interview he will return back to own country

Regarding my current situation, about me unemployed ( But 5 years experience), no visa or anyother visa for entering into Canada, Currently in India.

My queries

1. What visa i need to apply in order to enter Canada..?

Urgent please.......for reply
Apply for a visitor visa. Hope this helps:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/visit-visiter.aspx?lang=eng

kingkonemdu

Dec 23, 2009
1. But in the application it has mentioned as Tourism, Business and others... which one i need to select
2. In the check list that i got from that site

Personal documentation of applicant:
• Proof of employment (letter from employer confirming salary and length of employment. Salary statements for the past 3 months. Most recent provident fund statement. Employment contract), business licenses/registration (for applicant and/or spouse),
• Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

So this is not possible because i am currently unemployed. So what can i do ..?

3. Whether tourist visa & visitor visa is same...?

Dear Jobseeker,

Do have previous experience as my case..? If so tell me know it

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. But in the application it has mentioned as Tourism, Business and others... which one i need to select

Others = because you're coming for an interview. It is a bit odd that the employer would want a face-to-face interview. Does the employer know you're out of the country?

• Proof of employment (letter from employer confirming salary and length of employment. Salary statements for the past 3 months. Most recent provident fund statement. Employment contract), business licenses/registration (for applicant and/or spouse),
• Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

since you are unemployed so you won't have these documents. Show enough proof you're going back to India after the interview. Business papers if you have a business; your family; properties; enough assets.

3. Whether tourist visa & visitor visa is same...? yes

Dear Jobseeker,

Do have previous experience as my case..? If so tell me know it

I was employed when I applied for a visa, so i provided certificate of employment and approved leave of absence. But there have been instances when even people that were unemployed were granted visitor visas but they showed enough proof/"ties" with their country.

kingkonemdu

Dec 23, 2009

Others = because you're coming for an interview. It is a bit odd that the employer would want a face-to-face interview. Does the employer know you're out of the country?

Yes, they know that i am in India & they are ready to provide travel allowance including international/domestic.

If other is chosen means it doesn't mean Transit, Seamen and Religious Workers....!!!!

And also below you have said visitor visa === tourism visa... then why can't mark tourism.

Kindly let me know it....

since you are unemployed so you won't have these documents. Show enough proof you're going back to India after the interview. Business papers if you have a business; your family; properties; enough assets.

I don't have business paper anyone of the above, but good bank balance... Can i submit my bank balance & relieving letter of the previous employment

In the checklist
If you are visiting as a tourist
•Detailed itinerary including proof of ticket booking
•Proof of hotel reservation
Is it compulsory... because when i was requesting to employer... they can give only if visa get processed. So what can i do...?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009

Yes, they know that i am in India & they are ready to provide travel allowance including international/domestic.

If other is chosen means it doesn't mean Transit, Seamen and Religious Workers....!!!! Just place there for face to face interview. But it is a bit weak.

And also below you have said visitor visa === tourism visa... then why can't mark tourism. Because you're not coming as a tourist. Although loosely you can tour the area, whichever city/province you're going to. Visitor visa is the broader term.

Kindly let me know it....

I don't have business paper anyone of the above, but good bank balance... Can i submit my bank balance & relieving letter of the previous employment

How long ago have you been out of work? You really have to convince the officer that you're going back to India once the interview is over. Writing a cover letter might help.

In the checklist
If you are visiting as a tourist
•Detailed itinerary including proof of ticket booking
•Proof of hotel reservation
Is it compulsory... because when i was requesting to employer... they can give only if visa get processed. So what can i do...?

A notarized invitation from your prospective employer might help in this case. It will serve as their invitation to you and an undertaking that they will be responsible for your round trip airfare, hotel accommodations should the visa be granted. But it still a bit odd you have to be in Canada because there had been interviews over the phone or skype that were done.

Convincing the visa officer that you will be going back after the purpose of your visit is over maybe a bit difficult but it is doable. Just show enough ties in your country- family, properties, etc.

kingkonemdu

Dec 23, 2009
1. who can support whether canadian embassy in New Delhi can know answer for this question 1
2. I had been working till 18-Nov-2009 & enough paper from that previous company like seperation letter, closure notice ( Since the company has closed down these paper.. not only for me all employee got these letter)
3. Yes, i have attended telephonic interview, but they need to have face to face interview
4. As you said that "....just show enough ties in your country- family, properties, etc.".... what answer can i provided. In general can you give me the frame of the sentence.
5. If my visa is rejected... whether any stamp or mark will be in passport...? Whether i will get valid answer or written format from embassy.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kingkonemdu said:
1. who can support whether canadian embassy in New Delhi can know answer for this question 1
2. I had been working till 18-Nov-2009 & enough paper from that previous company like seperation letter, closure notice ( Since the company has closed down these paper.. not only for me all employee got these letter)
3. Yes, i have attended telephonic interview, but they need to have face to face interview
4. As you said that "....just show enough ties in your country- family, properties, etc.".... what answer can i provided. In general can you give me the frame of the sentence.
5. If my visa is rejected... whether any stamp or mark will be in passport...? Whether i will get valid answer or written format from embassy.
Hi,

1. You know the purpose why you are applying for a visa. You indicate what your heart dictates. I have given you a suggestion because then you can clarify, give details why you need to visit.
2,3 - not questions :)
4. "Ties" are somethings/someone that you will want to go back to in India- a girlfriend, a son or daughter, a family, friends.
5. My first visa application was denied, I got a small stamp with date when I applied. I think they don't put anything now. It does not matter whether you get a stamp or not, your details will be entered in their database.

You can write a sincere letter explaining why you need to go to Canada. BTW what job are you applying for? Yes they send a form letter.