+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reg. English Level

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi all,

I would like to ask about English exam, my husband did not give IELTS nor ECA degree equivalency during our PR application and he studied Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University in India, (English based degree certificate). So during citizenship application can we submit degree passing certificate and convocation certificate (from B.E. degree)

Anyone faced such issue please reply

Thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
If your husband can obtain a letter from the university stating that the medium of instruction for the course was in English, that should work best. I have done the same for my spouse. Going merely with copy of degree certificate and/ or convocation certificate is a bit risky in my opinion.

The guideline in the application asks for A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad. It is the underlined section thats a bit of a grey area - unless the document (degree/ transcripts) you are submitting clearly states that the medium of instruction was in English, you will run the risk of raising a doubt during application review stage.

See question 15:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

Hi all,

I would like to ask about English exam, my husband did not give IELTS nor ECA degree equivalency during our PR application and he studied Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University in India, (English based degree certificate). So during citizenship application can we submit degree passing certificate and convocation certificate (from B.E. degree)

Anyone faced such issue please reply

Thanks