+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reg English Equivalency exam

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi all,

I would like to ask about English exam, my husband did not give IELTS nor ECA degree equivalency during our PR application and he studied Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University in India, (English based degree certificate). So during citizenship application can we submit degree passing certificate and convocation certificate (from B.E. degree) or he have to apply for IELTS/CELPIP.

Also if he applies for CELPIP then I assume we have to wait until he gets his exam results in order to apply for citizenship

Anyone faced such issue please reply

Thanks

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all,

I would like to ask about English exam, my husband did not give IELTS nor ECA degree equivalency during our PR application and he studied Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University in India, (English based degree certificate). So during citizenship application can we submit degree passing certificate and convocation certificate (from B.E. degree) or he have to apply for IELTS/CELPIP.

Also if he applies for CELPIP then I assume we have to wait until he gets his exam results in order to apply for citizenship

Anyone faced such issue please reply

Thanks
Does the degree say the medium of instruction is english? If yes you can use it
Pls check the transfer certificate issued by college/university. If it has the detail, it can be used along with degree certificate