Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Hello everyone,

I was on the phone with an HRSDC agent and I asked her about wages.

She said if the wage for a job under its appropiate NOC, is below the average according to the working in Canada website, they will not consider the application.

I hope employer will consider this.

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Average is not a rate...it's an average..If I go on job advertisement on their website I find job offers with the same salary as mine..I'm planning to apply in a few weeks and I do not get the average...It means that I will be refused 100%????

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Islington said:
Average is not a rate...it's an average..If I go on job advertisement on their website I find job offers with the same salary as mine..I'm planning to apply in a few weeks and I do not get the average...It means that I will be refused 100%????
HI ISLINGTON. WHAT'S UR AVERAGE RATE? AND UR SALARY? I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION. AVERAGE IS $23.84 BUT MY SALARY IS $23 AND THE OTHER COMPANY PAYS $21.
I AM THINKING OF APPLYING BY JULY. I DONT KNOW IF THE AVERAGE RATE WILL AFFECT ME.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
That is what i was told by the agent.

How about you try calling HRSDC, see what they say and then share it on this thread?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't know where the agent got that information from but my suggestion would be for you guys to apply when you are eligible and let the immigration officer do their job. You never know, it may not even be an issue.

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
i think........

it may be the case with HSRDC to issue LMO for that particuler job based on that salary............!!

i think it should not matter with CIC...........!!!

so apply and wait for CIC to decide..................!!

C

CEC_2174

When you apply for Closed Work Permit you have to specify ur Approx annual salary.. atleast in my case a petition detailing all aspects of job is filed.. it could be different for other companies.
Your application for WP should get rejected at very first place if wage is the criteria

Not sure how PGWP works..

To summarize.. I do not believe salry should be an issue for CEC applicants

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My case is worst...I have been working as an Administrative Secretary for a small company...Average rate is 19.75 and I started with 10.00 in 2009, then I got a raise to12 and a few weeks ago I had a raise to 14.00. I don;t understand how they came up with the average of 19.75. Maybe a big company is paying that much but usually the small private companies won't pay 19.00 for administrative secretaries...I can proove that as i have already printed out those advertisements offering 13 and 14 for the same position. I know it will be their decision andI can't argue with that..Still I hope if i post my opinion maybe someone can help me with some good advice..I'm just worried as my WP expires soon and I'm pregnant..And this situation makes me depressed.Thanks!

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ihave an open WP..No LMO issued!My spouse got the main WP..

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
SenoritaBella said:
I don't know where the agent got that information from but my suggestion would be for you guys to apply when you are eligible and let the immigration officer do their job. You never know, it may not even be an issue.
When I called CIC the agent said she could not provide any information about wages so she suggested me to call HRSDC.

Has anyone else tried calling?

I will be meeting with an immigration lawyer next week so I'll se what she has to say about all this.

amydoan

Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
05-01-2012
Please give yourself a chance to apply for CEC asap no matter what your wage appears to be underpaid.

Position yourself well in the employment letter and show them you got right skills to meet Canada's labour market needs, especially in your specific NOC group.

Don't waste time questioning yourself because the government may impose new rules on their intake targets. There is a massive cut-off of 280,000 FSW applicants and their dependents just being revealed couple days ago!

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Im asking for a salary raise at work and will apply on May as planned.

smithcanada

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
The thing is, wage is not one of the criteria for CEC. When they send you a refusal letter, they're supposed to indicate the reason. If the reason cited is outside the criteria, well it's pretty shitty of them to do. I'm no lawyer, but that's misleading; encouraging people to apply, pay almost $600 in fees, plus possibly hundreds in document gathering/preparation, only to reject them based on something that isn't even a requirement. You'll have a strong case if you want to appeal.

You should ensure that your letter of reference is complete, and that all documents are filled out perfectly.

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with you smithcanada....unfortunately the immigration policy is not very bright nowdays...they can do whatever they want...this is my opinion...I got plenty of friends who got refused with silly reasons...I mean I completely agree if they are refusing fake applicants but when they are refusing honest and hard working people based on some reasons that are not even listed under requirements just makes me feel really dissapointed about this country...I'm worried about my salary as I know how strict they are nowdays even if I got the required experience and language skills..And I have been really working under that NOC code....The whole immigration is not fair nowdays...in my oppinion...

smithcanada

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
amydoan said:
Don't waste time questioning yourself because the government may impose new rules on their intake targets. There is a massive cut-off of 280,000 FSW applicants and their dependents just being revealed couple days ago!
this isn't an intake target. the 280,000 weren't under CEC. these were people who applied under FSW before feb.2008 and whose applications the CIC considers "stale" or out of date.