May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Friends,

I know some of us have received the letter and some of us are waiting but the fact is that we all will get it, pretty soon.

I wanted to pull together the group and see what should be our next strategy for immigrating to Canada. Lets get together and talk.

Thanks,
Mohan

Guys,

Let me clarify something here:

I am not looking for options to go back to them and say why you did what you did. I see no reason/benefits of doing that. I know it is ethically wrong but then it does not change anything.

The reason why I started this thread is because I want to see what should be our next steps towards Canada Immigration. Any other scheme/province etc? That's all.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
please contact your lawyer and request them to appeal for all April 2009 filers, this can also be done through a MP from Alberta.

Lawyers can deal this effectively.

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
Before stepping into another unstable Canadian GC process, I think we should all get together and write a memo to Alberta Governor or Canadian immigration minister about the blunder they did. By doing this I am not expecting to change their decision; but at least I hope this will stop them to little extent in repeating this kind of blunder.

In the memo we should clearly tell them that we are not job eaters and we are job creators.

I only spent on $100+ to prepare the docs. But think about people who hired attorneys and spent $2000+. Stupid Alberta.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Guys,

Let me clarify something here:

I am not looking for options to go back to them and say why you did what you did. I see no reason/benefits of doing that. I know it is ethically wrong but then it does not change anything.

The reason why I started this thread is because I want to see what should be our next steps towards Canada Immigration. Any other scheme/province etc? That's all.

Reactions: IsharaJ

usaloser

May 8, 2009
Absolutely, without doubt, we need to take action. Even I received this letter day before yesterday on March 14th. Letter was dated March 1st. I had applied in April (8th I believe) 2009, file number was received August 12th, 2009. My initial reaction was certainly anger. I wasted so much time and effort in putting the papers together and felt that other candidates who received this rejection letter must have experienced the same pain. But more importantly, I felt cheated. When we applied under the eligible codes for NOC, we read the expected nomination time period to be 2 months. That changed by the time we applied to 4 months and then to 1 year and finally this rejection letter. Why did they not honor the nominations for NOC codes for applications received prior to May 26th (or whatever date they dropped the IT related NOC codes). More funny is their ignorance about IT. I placed by code under 2171 because there was no better spot to place it. I am a Business Analyst by occupation and deal with logistics day in day out. Wonder what the connection for logistics/supply chain might be with the largest natural reserve state in Canada. Idiots.

Spicejet

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010, CC 09-09-2010
IELTS Request
Sent - 8.5
usaloser said:
Absolutely, without doubt, we need to take action. I placed by code under 2171 because there was no better spot to place it. I am a Business Analyst by occupation and deal with logistics day in day out. Wonder what the connection for logistics/supply chain might be with the largest natural reserve state in Canada. Idiots.
I totally agree. I wonder if these Morons bothered to open the files even to read what an individual profile was. That being said, it does not matter, as the code was open at that time. According to CIC standards and also according to these losers(when they post their senseless timelines) the file will be decided based upon the criteria applicable on the date when it is postmarked.

we should collectively take some action, whether it is a petition to the MP, Governor or whoever or take some legal recourse. I doubt they will budge but will atleast think twice about cheating people in the daylight.

usaloser

May 8, 2009
This is the email I sent to Alberta today keeping up my word that I will take some action. Here is the email:

Dear Immigration Officer and Head of Provincial Nomination Program,

I am deeply disappointed in the recent communication received from Alberta Department of Immigration. I had applied under NOC code 2171 last year March end/April beginning and received a file number in August. My details are below. Day before yesterday, I received a notification stating my file has been closed until 2011 unless I receive a valid employment letter from Alberta.

Here are some reasons why I feel this communication was inappropriate and may undermine confidence of would be immigrants to the province of Alberta:

1) This was not the original deal. Originally, when I applied, a job offer was not a requirement. At no point during the process, job offer became a requirement. Had I known that my file would have been closed one year down the road so abruptly, I would have pursued other immigration options that are now not available to me due to lapse of time.

2) Alberta had already removed IT related NOC codes from the list in May. It should have honored the IT codes that were in place for applications received prior to the May cut-off date. The choice to undermine its credibility at the gain of fending off extra IT candidates is an unfortunate decision. Reputations live longer than actions sometimes.

3) The automatic assumption that candidates that belong to a certain NOC code would end up working in technology is also misguided. I applied as part of NOC 2171 (Business Analyst) but most of my work experience in the United States has been with the world’s biggest retailers including Canadian retailers. I was planning to work in the logistics/supply chain sector in Calgary, something entirely non-IT and perhaps so pertinent to a modern city like Calgary, but somehow I was typecast in the NOC code that was not entirely representative of my skill-set and experience. While the selection of the NOC code was mine, the decision to typecast all candidates falling in a certain NOC code to be outside the “in demand” occupations was not mine.

4) The requirement to obtain a job offer by April 2011 from a distant land is too cumbersome. How do you propose candidates who are sitting across the country to be able to obtain a legitimate job offer? In all likelihood, most candidates were planning on acclimatizing themselves in their newly adopted home and then begin to look for a job in the area they’d like to contribute to the Albertan economy.

5) Above all, from an ethical and moral standpoint, Dear Head of PNP program, how would you have felt if you were in my shoes and you had applied in the right category, right time, right NOC code, right paperwork, and arguably the right province that boasts of a high quality of life of its citizens, only to have been rejected on grounds not in your control and not part of the original requirement after waiting for more than a year? If you can answer this question for me, I’d happily ignore all 4 points above.

Finally, all is not lost. If you renege on your recent unfortunate decision, you’d be a bigger organization for recognizing that something wrong has been done and it should be rectified.

Warm Regards,
(My Name)

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is good -- let us know how they respond --

usaloser said:
This is the email I sent to Alberta today keeping up my word that I will take some action. Here is the email:

I am deeply disappointed in the recent communication received from Alberta Department of Immigration. I had applied under NOC code 2171 last year March end/April beginning and received a file number in August. My details are below. Day before yesterday, I received a notification stating my file has been closed until 2011 unless I receive a valid employment letter from Alberta.

Here are some reasons why I feel this communication was inappropriate and may undermine confidence of would be immigrants to the province of Alberta:

1) This was not the original deal. Originally, when I applied, a job offer was not a requirement. At no point during the process, job offer became a requirement. Had I known that my file would have been closed one year down the road so abruptly, I would have pursued other immigration options that are now not available to me due to lapse of time.

2) Alberta had already removed IT related NOC codes from the list in May. It should have honored the IT codes that were in place for applications received prior to the May cut-off date. The choice to undermine its credibility at the gain of fending off extra IT candidates is an unfortunate decision. Reputations live longer than actions sometimes.

3) The automatic assumption that candidates that belong to a certain NOC code would end up working in technology is also misguided. I applied as part of NOC 2171 (Business Analyst) but most of my work experience in the United States has been with the world's biggest retailers including Canadian retailers. I was planning to work in the logistics/supply chain sector in Calgary, something entirely non-IT and perhaps so pertinent to a modern city like Calgary, but somehow I was typecast in the NOC code that was not entirely representative of my skill-set and experience. While the selection of the NOC code was mine, the decision to typecast all candidates falling in a certain NOC code to be outside the “in demand” occupations was not mine.

4) The requirement to obtain a job offer by April 2011 from a distant land is too cumbersome. How do you propose candidates who are sitting across the country to be able to obtain a legitimate job offer? In all likelihood, most candidates were planning on acclimatizing themselves in their newly adopted home and then begin to look for a job in the area they'd like to contribute to the Albertan economy.

5) Above all, from an ethical and moral standpoint, Dear Head of PNP program, how would you have felt if you were in my shoes and you had applied in the right category, right time, right NOC code, right paperwork, and arguably the right province that boasts of a high quality of life of its citizens, only to have been rejected on grounds not in your control and not part of the original requirement after waiting for more than a year? If you can answer this question for me, I'd happily ignore all 4 points above.

Finally, all is not lost. If you renege on your recent unfortunate decision, you'd be a bigger organization for recognizing that something wrong has been done and it should be rectified.

Warm Regards,
(My Name)

Mar 16, 2010
Hi all,

before taking any big decision we can ask AINP officer to reply something for us. Sorry to mention that my english is not good but I still try to send a mail to them. If everyone like me try to send email I hope maybe we will get atleast a response from them or maybe lots of different response!!!!!!! Instead of showing your anger here in this FORUM, please show this to them, at least will make some sense. I promised myself to send 5 mails a day till get a response.

lets say we have around 5000 people like us, so 5000 X 5 mails a day may make sense !!!!!! If possible fax all your concern to them. They already asked a lots of f** document from us which does not make any sense to me. So this is my Humble request to all who wants to say something to them, please say it to them. If anyone got any response please share it here.

Sorry, it maybe the worst email but still I want to share with you ..

"Hi Mr. Andrea,

It had been one year I am hoping to get AINP nomination. According to that I planned all my future plan and now just got a sudden mail stating YOUR FILE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reason stated in mail is just a lame excuse because IT sector had this problem all part of world from last 2 years.

We followed all the rules and document required, now its your turn to stick to your promise and reopen all the files closed with NO proper reason. Its a humble request to you and hope you try to solve this problem.

Thanks,

AINP rejected poor GUY."

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
usaloser said:

|
|
|
|

Finally, all is not lost. If you renege on your recent unfortunate decision, you'd be a bigger organization for recognizing that something wrong has been done and it should be rectified.

Warm Regards,
(My Name)
Dude to read and understand all the points you said we need one person with rational brain. But we got only oxymorons sitting there in AINP and Alberta Govt.

Sam123

Nov 11, 2009
Hello All,

I also got the mail finally. Frankly speaking I wasn't expecting anything better. Actually my lawyer had already set my expectations very low. Little pissed off....having already spent so much money and time.

Talked to my lawyer again today...his view was, it is totally a discretionary program. They can even revoke the nominations they have issued. Yes ...thats what he told....one fine day if they decide they can just revoke all the nominations they issued and just inform the CIC about their decision. Though my lawyer hinted thats less likely to happen.

My only grudge is if they knew they cannot issue so many nominations ( I now believe there is certainly a numerical limit of few thousand nominations ) why keep wasting our time and money.

Anyhow...good luck to people who got nominated and to those who dint.

abluver

Jan 27, 2010
Hi arsn21,

Good work..Atleast someone was able to convey the message to AINP. I will also send an email like this to AINP. Anyway, we know nothing is going to happen from AINP, atleast we can send them an harsh email , so that we will have some satisfaction of being waiting for one year..

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did not send email it -- its in the works -- Thank usalooser

abluver said:
Hi arsn21,

Good work..Atleast someone was able to convey the message to AINP. I will also send an email like this to AINP. Anyway, we know nothing is going to happen from AINP, atleast we can send them an harsh email , so that we will have some satisfaction of being waiting for one year..

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Friends,

I too, bear the pain of having received the letter from AINP about closing the file. I understand your concern to send an email daily to AINP. Unfortunately, that is not going to help anyone.

If you have to divert your energy, divert it in positive path. Let's figure out what option we have now and what should we do rather than wasting time in abusing these people. It is not going to help. Believe me.