+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Inland

J

jdwhite21

First of all, thank you for all your responses and your condolences...

Now, in the letter I will quote one paragraph:
"Since you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet the requirements of Section 4 of the regulations, you do not meet the requirements of the class. Your application for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada Class is, therefore, refused"
Did not state what was insufficient. Letter only said that he has to have his plane ticket bought, proof of that blah blah blah.

Yes we did have an interview. Frankly though, my husband and I believed that the IO had made up her mind long before we arrived. In fact, at one point she got screwed up on her computer and lost what questions she was asking me and my husband and I did not end up even being asked the same questions. Her main concern was that we did not have a house or car together. She said a baby don't mean nothing. Well we don't have a car because neither one of us drives and a house because you can't even afford rent on one income let alone a house. We also took more evidence to our interview in which she barely looked at.

As for evidence we provided:
Approx 500 photo's.
Photo's of our wedding where family and friends attended. Photo's of our friends and us going out and drinking or going out for supper or going out to Edmonton to go shopping, any outings of us basically. Photo's of family occasions, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter etc. Photo's of birthdays, friends and family where we were all there. Family photo's of us and our daughter in the park at different functions. Photo's of our baby shower. Photo's of my husband going hunting with my family to show that he spends time with them without me because he is part of the family. Photo's of us painting our new house. Pretty much any photo's of us at anything over the past couple yrs. I wrote on the back of every picture describing who was in the picture and what was happening in the photo.
I sent cards addressed to both of us from our wedding, baby shower and Christmas. I also sent cards he got for his birthday from my family.
Not much in the way of email/phone calls. We have been together every day since about a month after he came here. And he didn't have a computer at first and is a little bit on the illiterate side when it comes to technology. But we have been living together for over 3 yrs.. I believe it's called talking :S
Joint bank account
He's on my insurance plan at work.
Our daughter!!!!!!
Proof that we have lived together for almost 3 yrs.
Letters from friends/family saying we are the real deal.. I have since accumulated even more of these letters to send in with our next application.
So basically I sent in anything and everything that would show in the slightest way that we are a couple.
Honestly, if that is poorly done... I don't know what else we could've done.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
i am really sorry to hear about this news... i am not sure what should i say :(

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
that is crazy. i don't understand how they can deny you!

R

robrod

Hard to believe after all this evidence, the officer was not convinced it is a legitimate marriage... Perhaps one of our VIP members in this forum can give his wisdom about what to do in this unfortunate outcome, JD.

shawngt2

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-9-2010
Doc's Request.
13-1-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
WOW, This is very baffeling! It's these posts that scare the !@#$ out of me. There must be something missing here, because how can a CIC IO break up a family like this!!!??? It just doesn't make sense and sounds like appeal would be won 100% without a doubt. Again, unless there is something outside of what we are hearing because how could the IO backup their claim in an appeal court?

Ughhh... ???

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I can't believe this. It makes no sense to me at all. I am so, so, so sorry for your hardships. While I can't come up with any additional advice, I wish you and your family the very best. I hope you guys can work this out soon!

J

jdwhite21

I wish there was something missing.. my husband is older.. doesn't matter to us, I've always liked older men since I was about 10... and he's been divorced before. My auntie just got married for the 3rd time, it happens.

Shawn:
can we appeal? it is in an inland application and I was told you cannot appeal... so therefore the IO could just really do what they want because they know nothing will come out of it..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hate inland spousal applications in most circumstances.

You can apply for judicial review of the decision within 60 days. You need a lawyer and it's expensive. Sorry. You might also try to write a letter NOW to the Program Manager at Vegreville asking for a reconsideration. Outline in the letter all of the proof you've submitted and explain in painful detail your financial situation and how it's incredible that you were refused. Honestly, it probably won't do any good but it might be worth a try.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
jdwhite21 said:
I wish there was something missing.. my husband is older.. doesn't matter to us, I've always liked older men since I was about 10... and he's been divorced before. My auntie just got married for the 3rd time, it happens.

Shawn:
can we appeal? it is in an inland application and I was told you cannot appeal... so therefore the IO could just really do what they want because they know nothing will come out of it..
Sorry to ask you this, but how much age difference you guys have. Although it doesn't matter but just wondering

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Can somebody tell me, my husband has a temporary work visa, and he had a temporary work permit. He resigned from his job and we were looking for a few options. However, due to personal reason he returned home faster than I obviously liked, can he return to Canada with his work visa even though he doesn't have a job?
Really sorry about the bad news. It makes me very uncomfortable because my wife and I are going through the same in-land process.
I know your relationship is genuine. Those of us who are in genuine relationships can sense this, but the comment that you made above many months ago, could be the reason that you are in trouble.

For how long were the two of you married when your husband made the decision to quit his job? A suspicious IO might believe that you started the in-land process simply to keep your husband in Canada.

Are you the first victim of the new regulation??!!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
annabruce said:
Hi;
Can somebody tell me, my husband has a temporary work visa, and he had a temporary work permit. He resigned from his job and we were looking for a few options. However, due to personal reason he returned home faster than I obviously liked, can he return to Canada with his work visa even though he doesn't have a job?
Yes he can if he has an Open work permit plus Temporary Resident VISA (TRV) as a worker or student or visitor.
I have Post graduate work permit, and back in 2009 when i went back home i quit my job. I came back on basis of TRV and work permit.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Sorry, adzees

That bolded question was actually a question posed by the OP many months ago before her inland application was submitted. I modified my post to show a quote properly. Sorry to cause confusion.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Does anyone know what section 4 is? Would that give a clue to specifics?

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Section 4 deals with delegating powers.

OP, did you have a lawyer acting on your behalf?

OR, Chapter 10 part 4

10.4. Admissibility assessment
The applicant and all dependent children must meet all admissibility requirements including
criminal, security and medical examinations (see A34 to A42).

sitandwait

Jul 4, 2010
I am so sorry to hear this horrible, unfair news. It scares me too!!!!!
I know you probably have other things to do right now but I want to urge you to go to the CIC website and have your say with regards to "marriages of convenience". There is lots of room to put how you feel plus there are a few questions to answer. I really think that things are only going to get worse unless some of us involved in the process tells the government what's going on and how we feel about it.
Again, I am so sorry. The government says they want to reunite families but sometimes they are tearing them apart.