+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Inland...Future Outland Application from Rabat?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've made any posts on here. Me and my Moroccan husband were unfairly refused a visa in early January 2013, so we moved to Morocco, his home country, and we've been here for almost 3 months. Although I had a great full time job, I gave it up to move here and be with my husband. We both want to reapply outland but not for quite some time...we are so tired of everything immigration, plus we are planning to have a big wedding ceremony with all our friends and family present (they weren't at our wedding 2 years ago). We were planning on doing this in about a years' time, or more. We don't even want to attempt another application until we feel ready, and have a chance to live our lives normally.

The thing is I'm insanely homesick and I'm not sure there are enough work opportunities for me to be happy here...all the decent positions require bi/tri-lingualism, which I don't have. Since we're only 22 and 23 we don't have the funds to pay for our own place yet so we're living with the in laws as well, which is hard. I'm very happy with my husband but I'm really considering going home and trying the long-distance thing so I can be employed, which I know would not be a problem for me back in Canada. The thing is I don't know how this will affect our next application, and if it would be seen as a red flag. Of course I would visit my husband as often as I possibly could, and we would still have the wedding ceremony as soon as we could. After my husband's refusal letter we had two weeks to sell everything we owned and leave the country...I barely had time to process what happened and I came here with no savings and still in debt. If I had waited a few months and saved up some money/taken some French classes (which were free at my last job!) things would be so much better now. I'm doing my absolute best to find work here, but as time goes by it's feeling like it's not meant to be. I want to stay with my husband and I would take on a part time job that isn't in line with my skills and experience so I could stay...but it doesn't seem like there are many of those for English speakers. My husband just started working full time in an office which is great for him since this is his first job, and the fact that he's working contradicts everything the IO said about him. If our next application is refused I could always continue working in Canada and return to Morocco permanently with lots of savings and as many French courses as I could take.

I'm so conflicted...I don't know what to do! We're both doing our best to make a new life here in Morocco but we miss Canada so much.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
I know the feeling.
my spouse was denied refugee and we had 3 weeks to sell all of our stuff which was so hard to do, cuz we had just spent 2 years building our life, than had it ripped out of our hands. I am also 22, and hes 27.
so i moved to mexico with him. it was very hard to adjust, i couldnt find work because we were in the interior and i didnt know enough spanish to get a job, he has degree and a trades certificate and it still took him 5 months to find a good job. I tried tutoring, but that only lasted a month or so, than we had to move again, we were moving all over the interior, just to try and find work. it was really difficult and unstable.
but needless to stay we were there together almost 1 year, when my husband lost his job, so i had to come back to canada to work, as there was no way we could support ourselves down there. so i came back in november, and didnt get a chance to go back and see him untill march for only 2 weeks.

this is the hardest thing we have ever had to do.
If i could live in mexico with him right now, i would be there in a heartbeat, even if we werent making much money.
Its so hard to live apart and after a few months of doing it, i would much rather be poor with him, than be making money away from him.

its going to be alot harder than u expect to live apart.

Im at the point where if he doesnt get approved in the next couple months, i will moved back and wait with him in mexico again.

So i really know how u are feeling with the homesick thing, and my husband also is homesick from canada, he lived there 4 years before he was removed. so its hard to leave ur life and friends all behind!.

as for any red flags, i think the fact that u are going there to live with him even for short periods, is good evidence this its a true realtionship, its hard to fake it, when you sell your whole life to move to another country. plus with the large wedding reception coming up as you talked about, is another great piece, to prove that it is real and your families are involved ect.

good luck!! i hope everything works out! :)

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
why were you refused the first time?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks Leisa. I really hope things work out for you soon! It's good to know there are other people out there who are in a similar situation. I've looked into tutoring too...Moroccans are really eager to learn English and there's lots of tutoring centers around, but to have a decent job they want you to have a TEFL which I don't have...it costs close to 2000 $ and I just don't think it's worth it since I don't even like teaching anyways. Now I don't even have the money to pay for my French classes (my in laws are offering to help but that's another story). My husband speaks Arabic, French and English and found a great job as an office manager for a tourist company, but in comparison to Canada the salaries are so low here it will take a while before he can support us both. In Canada I paid everything for both of us and we were happy despite the hard times and now I have nothing:( I know that we could be happy here, if only I spoke fluent French and we had more money

McDutch, we were turned down after an interview because the IO believed my husband is only with me to get status. We had an interview in December and the IO told us everything was fine, and then changed her mind the next day. I won't get into the reasons since there are so many of them and none make any sense.

vctbs1107

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think they denied cause you guys are young? I'm 24 and my partner is 21...

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
No, I don't think that's it! Right after we left our interview, the IO told us that we're a young couple but we're very mature, and said she had a good feeling about our application. The next day she called my husband and told him he was a liar who was using me for status because he couldn't remember the day he found out he was colourblind...among other things.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
ive seen a ton of people get through who are 18, 19, 20-23 I don't think the age has anything to do with it.
:)

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Very very sorry about your ordeal! Here is another thread for spouses in Morocco:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.5925.html

A story similar like yours happened to us. My husband was told on the phone that I had to pay asap the fees as he would travel with me to come to Canada and everything was fine with our application. Then a couple of months later, he got another phone call to come for interview and was refused.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
You got denied because your husband didn't remember when he was colorblind?

I'm pretty sure a VO officer would lose their job over that if you appealed.
What we're the (real) reasons?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
tow75 said:
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've made any posts on here. Me and my Moroccan husband were unfairly refused a visa in early January 2013, so we moved to Morocco, his home country, and we've been here for almost 3 months. Although I had a great full time job, I gave it up to move here and be with my husband. We both want to reapply outland but not for quite some time...we are so tired of everything immigration, plus we are planning to have a big wedding ceremony with all our friends and family present (they weren't at our wedding 2 years ago). We were planning on doing this in about a years' time, or more. We don't even want to attempt another application until we feel ready, and have a chance to live our lives normally.

The thing is I'm insanely homesick and I'm not sure there are enough work opportunities for me to be happy here...all the decent positions require bi/tri-lingualism, which I don't have. Since we're only 22 and 23 we don't have the funds to pay for our own place yet so we're living with the in laws as well, which is hard. I'm very happy with my husband but I'm really considering going home and trying the long-distance thing so I can be employed, which I know would not be a problem for me back in Canada. The thing is I don't know how this will affect our next application, and if it would be seen as a red flag. Of course I would visit my husband as often as I possibly could, and we would still have the wedding ceremony as soon as we could. After my husband's refusal letter we had two weeks to sell everything we owned and leave the country...I barely had time to process what happened and I came here with no savings and still in debt. If I had waited a few months and saved up some money/taken some French classes (which were free at my last job!) things would be so much better now. I'm doing my absolute best to find work here, but as time goes by it's feeling like it's not meant to be. I want to stay with my husband and I would take on a part time job that isn't in line with my skills and experience so I could stay...but it doesn't seem like there are many of those for English speakers. My husband just started working full time in an office which is great for him since this is his first job, and the fact that he's working contradicts everything the IO said about him. If our next application is refused I could always continue working in Canada and return to Morocco permanently with lots of savings and as many French courses as I could take.

I'm so conflicted...I don't know what to do! We're both doing our best to make a new life here in Morocco but we miss Canada so much.
When someone moves to another country, they have 3 choices: 1) mingle with the community, 2) mingle with their likes, 3) they mingle with both. I am sure there are american/canadian communities in Morocco and that is something to do. Another is to see it as a great adventure and get the best of it and what it can offer even when money is an issue. Take up a cheap hobby, photography for example, and create a log of you adventure there, maybe publish it online, it can be therapeutic and great help to others in your situation. Who knows, you could eventually sell the rights of your story to a movie co., Morocco is seldom seen as a magical destination (and much on my list!) but you can give it a local perspective.

Shame on CIC but there is very little to do now until you can apply again. Living in Morocco with your spouse will definitely help your next application. A year flies by; however, depression can be your worst enemy - see it from the perspective of the purpose for which you are there.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi Habibti, I've actually been following your posts on that thread for a very long time- I'm so glad you and your husband got through such a tough time and that you're finally together :)

As for the reasons, they all had to do with my husband's study history before we met. The IO told us both on the phone the day after our interview that she believed he entered Canada on a study permit (2 years before we met) not with the intention of studying but of meeting me, and getting me to sponsor him so he could stay here permanently. I really have no idea what the colourblindess has to do with our relationship being genuine at all. We really wanted to apply for Judicial Leave but we were so drained by the time we left that we didn't.

I know there's lots to see and do here but it's really hard to meet anyone. I've looked into volunteering and I might start French classes next week. I've always been working and paying for my own stuff, and now that I just sit at home, I'm lost. My in laws will help, but they're super sedentary and they won't help with things they don't understand (e.g. everything tourist and activity related). My husband loves his new job and I know he'll support me financially but depression comes easily for me. Everything would be so much easier if I had a steady income. I'm a very independent person, and living with the in-laws is making me feel like a child

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after you refused Inland you can`t apply under Family Class? or can you apply but Outland only?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Penna7 said:
So after you refused Inland you can`t apply under Family Class? or can you apply but Outland only?
if u apply inland, you cant appeal the decision, the only other option is to leave and reapply as outland.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Yes, there is no appeal option for inland sponsorships, but you can apply for judicial review, and if you're successful the refusal is submitted to another IO for reconsideration. We could have applied again inland or outland, I don't think there's a limitation on that, but we decided outland would be the best way too go because of the way appeals work.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
McDutch said:
You got denied because your husband didn't remember when he was colorblind?

I'm pretty sure a VO officer would lose their job over that if you appealed.
What we're the (real) reasons?
1) Inland can't appeal.

2) No VO has ever lost his job because his/her decision was overturned on appeal.