+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused for spousal sponsorship

elina

Jul 19, 2014
My husband is a PR in Canada and we applied for sponsorship on February 2013 while we (my kids and I) have been living in Canada as visitors. Whenever CIC requested some documents, we sent them back. However, on May, I got a refuse letter of our PR from CIC because they did not get one documentation which they asked us for it on last December. It was my husband's divorce cert and I did not receive the CIC request letter on December. Anyway, CIC said the file was closed and we had to reapply the sponsorship. We sent them a appealing letter to get the cert, but we did get any reply from them yet. I would like to know what I should do:

1. Should I use an immigration lawyer?
2. Or even though CIC made a decision, can they change our status?
3. Or Should I reapply the sponsorship? We did not get our file back and we are not sure if we can get it back.... So, I have to prepare everything, again...pfff...

Please advise me.

jo-macral

Mar 25, 2012
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore<br />Pain & Suffering: 07-12-2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-12-2012
File Transfer...
21-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2014<br />Re-med Req...: 26-05-2014<br />Passport Sent.: 30-06-2014<br />Decision Made: 25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Tickets booked for September, 2014
Why didn't you send everything they needed when you submitted your application? It is clearly stated in their checklist - having them request documents piece by piece only delays your application, and risks refusal for the specific reason you just posted about.

Did you send your primary spousal application along with the sponsorship, and did you pay for everything up front?

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
elina said:
My husband is a PR in Canada and we applied for sponsorship on February 2013 while we (my kids and I) have been living in Canada as visitors. Whenever CIC requested some documents, we sent them back. However, on May, I got a refuse letter of our PR from CIC because they did not get one documentation which they asked us for it on last December. It was my husband's divorce cert and I did not receive the CIC request letter on December. Anyway, CIC said the file was closed and we had to reapply the sponsorship. We sent them a appealing letter to get the cert, but we did get any reply from them yet. I would like to know what I should do:

3. Or Should I reapply the sponsorship? We did not get our file back and we are not sure if we can get it back.... So, I have to prepare everything, again...pfff...

Please advise me.
It will be much easier and quicker, re- apply, than to use a lawyer which would cost you thousands.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You are better of re-applying, but I understand your frustrations. For you peace of mind - you could speak to a free consulting lawyer, but at the end of the day they will ask to do the same "Re-Apply". All the best.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
elina said:

Please advise me.
When you apply again make sure that you send all the information that is requested.... they made a decision and its final,
you need to reapply, You don't need a lawyer, you have the experience now that every single piece of information that is requested is necessary ....
wont be any different if you use a lawyer... you have to provide all the information necessary... he will just do the mailing.. and will be the one that will receive any communication..
Too bad that you had to waste all this time because of a missing document...
It is so difficult and stressing this process....
but I know you will do better next time....

good luck