+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused admission to Canada or any other country

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hey everyone!

So there is this question on the application form that says "Have you been refused admission to Canada or any other country"... Can somebody explain what this means? My UK tourist Visa got rejected 2 years back and it is in my previous passport. Of course I have to submit that but just curious that what do I answer to that question? And if a UK tourist visa is rejected does that mean the processing would be delayed as they might consult with UK embassy?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bazinga07 said:
Hey everyone!

So there is this question on the application form that says "Have you been refused admission to Canada or any other country"... Can somebody explain what this means? My UK tourist Visa got rejected 2 years back and it is in my previous passport. Of course I have to submit that but just curious that what do I answer to that question? And if a UK tourist visa is rejected does that mean the processing would be delayed as they might consult with UK embassy?
The answer is YES. You lie and get caught, it is now a 2 year ban for misrepresentation.

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
bazinga07 said:
Hey everyone!

(1) if you applied to the uk embassy as a visa applicant and they refused to issue you a visa then don't write yes. write NO instead.
(2) if you went to uk and then u were removed from uk OR if you reached the uk airport and then from there (airport or any port of entry) you were refused admission then write YES.
I have also applied for a canada visa. Previously I was refused uk visa 2 times.I have also written NO.
hope this helps

cheif

Feb 5, 2012
alwaysoptimistic said:
(1) if you applied to the uk embassy as a visa applicant and they refused to issue you a visa then don't write yes. write NO instead.
(2) if you went to uk and then u were removed from uk OR if you reached the uk airport and then from there (airport or any port of entry) you were refused admission then write YES.
I have also applied for a canada visa. Previously I was refused uk visa 2 times.I have also written NO.
hope this helps
yes u r right

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks everyone!

@PMM: You are right! but the post by always optimistic confused me again.

@Alwaysoptimistic: Thanks for the answer buddy. Did you receive your approval? Also have you checked with people before writing no. Actually I really don't want to end up being portrayed a liar as mentioned by PMM and on the other hand IF refused admission doesn't mean visa rejection, then why should I give them a weak link.

My simple question is, refused admission and visa rejection are two different things right?

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
bazinga07 said:
@ Always optimistic: Have you also submitted your previous passports with UK rejection stamps?
yes i have submitted my previous passports too.
I applied on 30th may waiting for medical.
I asked on this forum this question before and some one replied me with same information.
if u r still having doubts then i think u should visit a popular consultant in ur city and ask them this question

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
they usually ask about entry and in that case you have to answer no, because rejection of visa is not the same as the rejection at the port of entry.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Well yes it does make sense that they are talking about of port of entry not visa. Because the question before it talks about visa. Anyway on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia's checklist from where I am applying it says: "You may submit previous passports to show travel history"... It's not mandatory to submit previous passports right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bazinga07 said:
Well yes it does make sense that they are talking about of port of entry not visa. Because the question before it talks about visa. Anyway on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia's checklist from where I am applying it says: "You may submit previous passports to show travel history"... It's not mandatory to submit previous passports right?
Except they are not. You apply for a visa for admission, it was refused.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
The people at the port of entry have the right to deny you entry even if you have a valid visa. Applying for a visa is NOT applying for admission; you apply for admission at the port of entry USING your visa.