+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused a Canadian Visa

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
We applied for a visa for permanent resident. just last week, we received a letter from the canadian embassy in manila saying they cannot process our application.
i quote "although the NOC corresponds to the occupations specified in the Ministerial instrictions, based on the documents on file I am not satisfied that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent part-time paid work experience in the occupation in the last ten years."
i was really surprised since i have been working as a language teacher since 2003. although not in the same company since my previous company closed. can i write to the embassy and mail supporting documents to prove them otherwise? i have pay slips, contracts and photos to prove my previous and current employment. or do i need to consult an immigration lawyer? im afraid that it might be too expensive and uncalled for. what should i do? please help me.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipina10 said:
We applied for a visa for permanent resident. just last week, we received a letter from the canadian embassy in manila saying they cannot process our application.
i quote "although the NOC corresponds to the occupations specified in the Ministerial instrictions, based on the documents on file I am not satisfied that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent part-time paid work experience in the occupation in the last ten years."
i was really surprised since i have been working as a language teacher since 2003. although not in the same company since my previous company closed. can i write to the embassy and mail supporting documents to prove them otherwise? i have pay slips, contracts and photos to prove my previous and current employment. or do i need to consult an immigration lawyer? im afraid that it might be too expensive and uncalled for. what should i do? please help me.
Hi,

Did visa officer give you a time frame to proove that you have sufficient experience or they just simply refused it ?

Cheers
Saki

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, you applied as Teacher i.e., under 4131 NOC.

Did you apply after 26 June 2010? It means after the new NOC list was introduced?

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

have u send ur initial application to cio, canada.

do they approved ur application

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
i received a letter from canada to mail my documents to the canadian embassy in manila and so we did. last week they mailed us back our documents and attached the letter saying they are not convinced that i have worked as a teacher for a minimum of one year.
i applied november of last year.

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
how long have you been working with your current employer? did you provide a certification for this work?

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
one company i worked for was 2006-2008 but i used an outdated Certificate for this company since it shut down and is no longer in business. the owners all moved back to korea and could no longer be reached by phone or email. i have all the pay slips of this company though that i have worked there before it closed.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your rejection. I am sorry to say that if VO has not given you time to prove your claims then there is no way but to appeal against the decision. You would need a immigration lawyer. It sure is expensive but since 4131 is no more on the qualifying NOC list, appealing the only the viable option

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
hello filipina10,

I saw a thread on refusal where one fellow wrote a letter to a prime minister and immigration minister, please search forum if his case applies to you.

head up!

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
Coffee said:
hello filipina10,

I saw a thread on refusal where one fellow wrote a letter to a prime minister and immigration minister, please search forum if his case applies to you.

head up!
just found it. really helpful. thank you so, so much.

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
tarakrs said:
So, you applied as Teacher i.e., under 4131 NOC.

Did you apply after 26 June 2010? It means after the new NOC list was introduced?
thanks. i applied on november 2009.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
The outdated Reference letter did the damage to you.
The visa office guide says that it needed to be an Original and up to date ref letter which you missed out in providng them.

filipina10

Aug 9, 2010
ankit_20 said:
Man these guys are rejecting for any small mis these days, it is little scary
yes but the sad thing is they are not very consistent about it. my friend who applied with me made it all up (like certificates and all that) and she passed. It's devastating.