+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal - Police certifcate - Need Help

ShujaUllah

Oct 16, 2017
My permanent address is of a different city other than Karachi, still I just have to get PCC for Karachi present address?

gotocanda123

May 13, 2017
My permanent address is of a different city other than Karachi, still I just have to get PCC for Karachi present address?
Well in that case karachi police will first ask you to get the certificate from the city mentioned on your cnic and then you can apply for karachi pcc.
You can submit the karachi pcc with your application then.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Hello All,

I would like to know if the address on NIC is different than my PCC, is there any problem or it should be fine?

ShujaUllah

Oct 16, 2017
Well in that case karachi police will first ask you to get the certificate from the city mentioned on your cnic and then you can apply for karachi pcc.
You can submit the karachi pcc with your application then.
I went there for few days only since my childhood, even my birth place is karachi, still they will ask me for certificate from permanent address?

gotocanda123

May 13, 2017
Hello All,

I would like to know if the address on NIC is different than my PCC, is there any problem or it should be fine?
I went there for few days only since my childhood, even my birth place is karachi, still they will ask me for certificate from permanent address?
if there is no karachi address mentioned on the cnic then you have to get the pcc from city of yout cnic. It not the requirement of Canada its the standard procedure of Pakistan police for issuing the certificate.
You can visit karachi police for this and they will tell you the same.

ShujaUllah

Oct 16, 2017
if there is no karachi address mentioned on the cnic then you have to get the pcc from city of yout cnic. It not the requirement of Canada its the standard procedure of Pakistan police for issuing the certificate.
Ok If I get it in advance, how much old a PCC can be used?

gotocanda123

May 13, 2017
Ok If I get it in advance, how much old a PCC can be used?
I don't remember the exact time but its valid for around 100 days at-least for Punjab.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Let me clarify this matter for most of you. I did a lot of homework on this, and my PCC has been accepted by CIC.

What matters is that you have your period in Pakistan covered from the age of 18. If you have lived in Karachi, and gone to Lahore for studies, or for work, but your permanent address was still Karachi, a PCC from Karachi suffices.

If you have moved to Lahore or any other part of the country permanently, and do NOT have an address back home eg. in Karachi anymore, then you need a PCC from Lahore as well.

Basically, temporary addresses aren’t a concern. The only concern is where our permanent residence is and whether you have covered each and everyday from the age of 18 till when you were in Pakistan.

Also, IMPORTANT NOTE. If you are residing abroad, come to visit Pakistan, say for 2 weeks, those 2 weeks NEED to be included in the PCC for Pakistan. Everyday you spent in Pakistan according to your stamps and file need to be covered.

Hope this helps.

I am not an active member on this forum so might not be able to get back in case you replied to this.

Wish you all the very best.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
@salikgilani
So you didn't get the PCC from the other city where your studied during undergrad and submitted the single PCC from Karachi which included the duration of your undergrad studies as well.

Is this correct ?
Yes, just PCC from Karachi. I mentioned in my LOE though that i was in Lahore but for all legal purposes my address was the Karachi one.

gotocanda123

May 13, 2017
Let me clarify this matter for most of you. I did a lot of homework on this, and my PCC has been accepted by CIC.

What matters is that you have your period in Pakistan covered from the age of 18. If you have lived in Karachi, and gone to Lahore for studies, or for work, but your permanent address was still Karachi, a PCC from Karachi suffices.

If you have moved to Lahore or any other part of the country permanently, and do NOT have an address back home eg. in Karachi anymore, then you need a PCC from Lahore as well.

Basically, temporary addresses aren’t a concern. The only concern is where our permanent residence is and whether you have covered each and everyday from the age of 18 till when you were in Pakistan.

Also, IMPORTANT NOTE. If you are residing abroad, come to visit Pakistan, say for 2 weeks, those 2 weeks NEED to be included in the PCC for Pakistan. Everyday you spent in Pakistan according to your stamps and file need to be covered.

Hope this helps.

I am not an active member on this forum so might not be able to get back in case you replied to this.

Wish you all the very best.
I agree you write. Thanks for the nice write up.

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
Bro, doesnt matter... find a known person in police and you will get a certificate, from 2004 onwards... make from one city only....no issues

I did the same.. was livibg in hyderabad and than only moved 2.5 years in different city, than moved to KSA, but i showed that i was 18 when i moved to karachi... so no problem... you are living in pakistan Jugar to chalta hai yaar... ye to bewakoofi ki tumne bohat bari ke galt dates bhej di
hi I am facing a similar situation because my wife has lived in Lahore for 4 years when she was studying but her permanent address is in Karachi. So do I also need to make PCC for Lahore?

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
No they wont ask you, but make sure you should mention only one address from one country in your express entry profile
So if my wife has live in 3 different addresses in Karachi then I should mention only one address on the express entry profile? I was actually thinking of mentioning all the 3 addresses in one PCC. any help will be much appreicated

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
Hi everyone! I have a similar sort of confusion as well.

I lived in Pakistan from DOB to Aug 2015 at the same residential address and have had a PCC made for the same. However for my undergrad, I lived 4 years in the university dorms in another city, but my home address remained same. Do i have to get another PCC made for that duration or is just one clarifying that my permanent address was the same till Aug 2015 sufficient.

This is urgent as this is the one of the biggest issues remaining.

Any kind word of advise would be greatly appreciated.
Hi salik. I am facing a similar situation becayse my wife was in Lahore to study in Lums for 4 years. However, her permanent address has always been Karachi. Can you tell me if you found a solution to your problem? Also, what is the current status of your application?

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Hi salik. I am facing a similar situation becayse my wife was in Lahore to study in Lums for 4 years. However, her permanent address has always been Karachi. Can you tell me if you found a solution to your problem? Also, what is the current status of your application?
If you scroll just above you’ll see my response to it. It’s quite detailed. In short, just a PCC from Karachi is needed.