+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of visit visa & applying as Student visa

michel45

Jan 10, 2007
Hello all, Im a new member in this forum,
I was refused a visit visa to canada (Montreal) 5 months ago and now I got acceptance from a university in Montreal. Plz help me know whether I still have chances to get admitted as a visa student or if my last refusal would affect my situation negatively.

Note: I have been refused visit visa because of the following reasons:
1- purpose of visit.
2- my family ties in canada and in my country of residence.

any help will be highly appreciated

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

michel45 said:
Hello all, Im a new member in this forum,
I was refused a visit visa to canada (Montreal) 5 months ago and now I got acceptance from a university in Montreal. Plz help me know whether I still have chances to get admitted as a visa student or if my last refusal would affect my situation negatively.

Note: I have been refused visit visa because of the following reasons:
1- purpose of visit.
2- my family ties in canada and in my country of residence.

any help will be highly appreciated
You really won't know, until you apply for a study permit. But the course would have to something that will enhance your education, not readily available in your home country, sufficient funds to support your self.

PMM

michel45

Jan 10, 2007
Thank you PMM for ur reply,
and how can I satisfy the officer that I would leave canada on the end of my study period?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hi

michel45 said:
Thank you PMM for ur reply,
and how can I satisfy the officer that I would leave canada on the end of my study period?
Your best bet is to read :http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/op/op12e.pdf
and it will give you an idea at what the officer looks at before issuing a study permit.

PMM

michel45

Jan 10, 2007
Thanks for the pdf file, it's helpful..
Someone has suggested to pay the tuition fees in advance and the show the officer the receipt, what do u think about that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

michel45 said:
Thanks for the pdf file, it's helpful..
Someone has suggested to pay the tuition fees in advance and the show the officer the receipt, what do u think about that?
You have to show proof of the funds to pay, but it makes no difference if the fees are paid in full as to whether the application will be approved or not.

PMM

michel45

Jan 10, 2007
Thanks PMM,
Do u think the length of the study and the program would make difference?
Actually it's 2 years Master program and it is not available in my home country.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

michel45 said:
Thanks PMM,
Do u think the length of the study and the program would make difference?
Actually it's 2 years Master program and it is not available in my home country.
You can only apply, I have no idea at this point whether CHC will approve the application.

PMM