+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of PGWP due to not submitting the transcript.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I need guidance on my scenario. My initial application got refused because they didn't received my transcript. Now what all application do i need to submit and whats fees . Please help

1. Restore status as student (IMM5709)
2. Open work permit (IMM5710)

or
1. restore status as worker (IMM5710)
2. Open work permit (IMM5710)

Can you please help what to do and how much fee i need to pay. Please help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you're graduated you can't restore as a student. If you've lost status, restore as a visitor then reapply for PGWP. You can't work until you get the PGWP.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
If you're graduated you can't restore as a student. If you've lost status, restore as a visitor then reapply for PGWP. You can't work until you get the PGWP.
I have completed my study then what status i should re-store. restore as student or restore as visitor or re-store as worker ? Please help.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
Do they restore as a visitor and give the post graduation work permit considering still I am within 180 days and my study permit has got expired.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
Study permit is not required for PGWP so any valid status will work.
When i called CIC agent some of them are telling to restore as student and then apply for PGWP since my last status was student and some of them are telling to apply restore as worker.

Can you please suggest what restore status i need to fill.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
When i called CIC agent some of them are telling to restore as student and then apply for PGWP since my last status was student and some of them are telling to apply restore as worker.

Can you please suggest what restore status i need to fill.
From past experience on this forum people have been successful in applying for study permit restoration & pgwp in such cases this means you need to pay restoration+sp+pgwp fees. Now this was before the new rule that sp is not required, so now you might have success with restoring to visitor + pgwp which is cheaper, it should also be possible to restore to worker +pgwp but I dint think there are any examples of someone doing this. Also you have 90 days from the day you received your pgwp refusal notice according to ircc.
You could also leave and apply pgwp outside Canada which doesnt require any permit as I understand.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
either way is fine but according to me go for Visitor+PGWP.

I know someone who was in similar situation and this is what he did.
But keep in mind there is always a ground for refusal.

vinita13

Nov 23, 2019
Scenario of student restoring to worker is actually specifically mentioned on that link.
Sorry i am not able to find the
either way is fine but according to me go for Visitor+PGWP.

I know someone who was in similar situation and this is what he did.
But keep in mind there is always a ground for refusal.
Did the person who applied for Visitor+PGWP got the approval ?