+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal - Duties are not matching with NOC descriptions

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Aliswell ,

Ur story won't let me sleep for days, as I took risk by under noc 7242 industrial electrician, and mu job is instrumentation technician, as far as the duties both have minor duties match but not main. Wonder why CIO give me per if they didn't match , I am tired of this system of Canada I applied in 2006 and got rejected in 2008 ,seems it's time to look for another places.u got any ideas allis

miankamal

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Waiting
ALLISWELL said:
Dear Anupam / Miankamal,

Thanks for your kind words and motivate me a bit as I am really in shock till now.
Well thats what I am also surprise to see the reason for refusal saying that " Duties are not matching".
If I could have copied and paste all contents /words with a minor adjustment from their website, that is also cause of rejection the application as I have seen some post here.
As far as my information and understanding is concern CIC has been received number of applications of NOC 1111 and VO wants to denies them as much as they can. They are just wasting our time as well as our money. Otherwise I don't see my case to be reject for this silly reason. I think VO team need more training to understand different jobs descriptions to improve their skills.

Good luck !!!
Dear ALLISWELL,

You are right on this. I have also observed apparantly unfair refusals on the same point. We understand the gravity of situation and are worried about us too. We are going through the same distress! Having said that, still ur only option is still to file a review! Best Wishes.

Jul 21, 2011
ALLISWELL said:
Dear Seniors,

Please I want to have your comments and suggestion specially from QORAX, SAQI and PMM as I have got a refusal letter on 13th March 2012 saying that my perform duties are not matching with occupational descriptions of the NOC.

I am surprised to see the reason which is strange for me. I have more than six years experience in finance as chief accountant in middle east in a multinational company and I am performing almost same duties as required in NOC descriptions. But after having refusal letter from VO I realize that CIC want to decrease the back blog by refusing applications without having a solid reason.
I have recieved a letter which says:

''You have indicated that you have work experience in (an) occupation (s) with the following NOC code(s): 1111 : Financial Auditors and Accountants.

Although the NOC code(s) correspond(s) to the occupations specified in the Instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC, or that you performed all of the essential duties and a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Financial Auditor and Accountant: NOC code(s): 1111.

Since you did not provide satisfactory evidence that you have work experience in any of the listed occupations, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing. "

Job descriptions for NOC list is quoted here:

1111 Financial auditors and accountants (AS PER NOC JOB DESCRIPTION)Financial auditors examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group. Financial auditors and accountants are employed by auditing and accounting firms throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Example Titles
accountant
certified general accountant (CGA)
certified management accountant (CMA)
chartered accountant (CA)
chief accountant
financial auditor
income tax expert
industrial accountant
internal auditor
Main duties
Financial auditors perform some or all of the following duties:
Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.
Accountants perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals, departments within organizations, businesses and other establishments
Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
May act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
May supervise and train articling students, other accountants or administrative technicians.

The main duties or job descriptions which I descried in my application :
MAIN FUNCTIONS:- Chief Accountant (For Current Position)

To maintain control over income, Expenses and assets of the hotel in compliance with the hotel's policies and procedures as well as local requirements. To organize, supervise and maintain the department at the highest level of financial control and audit standard. To maintain and improve the profitability of the hotel through strict revenue and cost control procedures as well as safeguarding of hotel assets. To ensure timely management information, reporting and meeting required deadlines. To provide the operation with the necessary cash needs to cover it's commitments through proper collection and disbursement procedure and permanent line of communication in cash flow & other matters are to maintained. Assisting the management in implementing and supervising the operational standards as well as the hotel's internal rules and regulations.

Scope: Compliance to financial guidelines and yardsticks in the form of financial statements, budgets, forecasting and special reports to serve as direct management tools. Analyze hotel's income and expense by close supervision and execution of internal controls.

REPORTS TO:- Financial Controller / Director of Finance / General Manager (If needed )

MAIN DUTIES:-
• Preparing monthly profit and loss reports, ensuring the reports are produced in a timely manner to management team with adequate to explain the main issues within these reports.
• Ensuring that monthly book has been closed in accordance and followed by SOX method and that all papers are complete and satisfactory for the requirements of the annual external audit.
• Prepare account analysis, reconcile and maintain accounting schedules for balance sheet accounts.
• Analyze transactions to arrive at correct account balances and prepare well documented journal ledger entries when necessary.
• Reconcile bank statement, inventories and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of company to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
• Implement efficient working environment and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in their duties, Accounts payable and receivable; company payrolls; general cashiers deposits, petty cash & reimbursement; and timely revenue recorded.
• Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for company.
• Assist to financial controller to preparation of annual budget in accordance with agreed financial targets within positive conversion as required including variance and comparison analysis.
• Examine accounting records and prepare financial statement and reports.
• Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax, management fees and owner's equity from accounting records.
• Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, employee's vacation payment, deposits into bank and withdrawals.
• Resolves work related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
• Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies.
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
• Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements, in local currency, using computerized hardware system. (OASYS)
• Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as social security, city ledger, advance or loan.
• Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by electronic transfer.
• Provide information to employees on payroll matters and benefit plans as per agreement.
• Examine statistical reports, statements and summaries related to payroll and benefits.
• Prepare and balance period end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statement.
• Assist in the operation, analysis and development of financial systems, Supervise and train finance department support staff.
• Communicate financial information in an understandable form for non technical peoples using both written and verbal skills.

GENERAL RESPONSIBALITIES:
• Develop strong working relationship with all members of the accountancy team to improve the quality of financial support and accurate information provided to head of department.
• Supervise and manage all accountancy staff within the accountancy function including undertaking annual performance development review (PDR) and ensuring the training plans agreed at these are implemented.
• To work in accordance with the company policies and procedures and to ensure that the accountancy team are aware of and adhere to these policies and procedures.
• Maintain proper accounting records keep update as required by finance controller for annual external or internal audit.

WORKING CONDITIONS:-

• Work weeks are 6 days, Saturday to Thursday, 8 hours per day, starting at 09:00 in the morning
• The employee is entitled to one hour of paid time for lunch and half an hour for dinner if required.
• The employee may be required to work paid overtime, or compensation for pending off, depend on management decision.
• The employee is strictly prohibited to pass any confidential or secret information belongs company's to people outside or around the office.

In my understanding CIC are trying to find the ways to reject the applications in order to finalize the cases in fast track. Job descriptions in NOC by CIC and perform duties by me are almost same but I think that visa officer wnated to match word by word?? And if we describe the same same job descriptions than also you will get refuse due to exact copy wording.
In my opinion you have over done it. You have written so many job duties the visa officer got fed up. Just my opinion. thanks

bountyhunter123

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
229334 said:
In my opinion you have over done it. You have written so many job duties the visa officer got fed up. Just my opinion. thanks
hI EVERYONE
INSIDE NEWS

3,80,000 aPPLICATIONS ARE PENDING
THEY HAVE ENOUGH WORK TO PROCESS TILL 2017
sO WHAT THEY WILL DO??

Main theme words they have adapted to are

"JOB MARKET"

Trust me--> Job market, come come
Old job Market--> Old occupation list--> Oh my how do we process them all or call them?? --> oH I got an idea, why dont we dump them refuse them on stupid reasons--> Idea! your job description doesn't match properly-->"So why dint you check it before man"

Oh now, I will eat all your money and etc--> Forget about coming to canada--> We will process and immigrate those 500 applicants on current canada immig list asap--> because current job market and 2nd , we are not giving FSW next year most probably.

I guess it summarise alot of hard questions that we were asking to ourself regarding Appli
Sorry , but every word I said is true, and simple, bitter, very bitter.....

ALLISWELL

Mar 22, 2010
I am 100% agree with bounty.

This is a hard bitter but this is fact.
Find stupids small reasons and decrease our que.

We have become crazy to land in canada, buying stress & tention, wasting out time and money. Although, some peoples are going to die for canada.
:eek:

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Allis

can u plz share ur timeline.....what u applied and which visa office and when ur file was transfere ....etc....thanks

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
ALLISWELL said:
I am 100% agree with bounty.

This is a hard bitter but this is fact.
Find stupids small reasons and decrease our que.

We have become crazy to land in canada, buying stress & tention, wasting out time and money. Although, some peoples are going to die for canada.
:eek:
I am really sorry for your refusal, and I only can imagine what you are going through.
My application is under 1122 , this was such a wide NOC, and your case made me a bit anxious.

I strongly recommend you to try a reconsideration request. It can't hurt.

ALLISWELL

Mar 22, 2010
Mr.Qorax, PMM & Seniors !!! plz help !!! Refusal - Duties are not matching

Dear Mr.Qorax, PMM & Other Seniors,

Please advise.
Shall I send an e-mial to London VO and ask for reconsideration of my case?

Thanks

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
I agree with 229334 that u have overdone with the description. why have u written main duties and responsibilities separately. It seems like the hotel is run by a one man army ie u

Reactions: Teen Titans Go!

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Allis

can u plz share ur timeline.....what u applied and which visa office and when ur file was transfere ....etc....thanks

ALLISWELL

Mar 22, 2010
Category : FSW
NOC: 1111
Visa Office : London
Initial Application : 28th November 2009
1st AOR received: 1st February 2010
File transferred to London: 10th February 2010
Full Doc's sent : 28th May 2010
2nd AOR received : 13th July 2010
E-Case status : RBVO
E-Case status : In process (from 23rd March 2011)
E-Case status : Changed from IP to DM on 13th March/12 - Received a refusal letter on 18th March from London.

Reason for refusal : Main duties listed in my application are not matching with NOC JD!!! ( I think VO OR team are un professional or may be they are blind)

UNFAIR REFUSAL !!! :p

ellepp

Jun 3, 2010
It is truely unfair result for applicants. I am facing a similar problem, just one step from rejection now. Although I was given an opportunity, I do think I am hopeless, the opportunity just showed their manner for procedural fairness, but in fact, they are going to treat me in an unfairly manner.

KULASA

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
March 19, 2010.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 10-08-2010
IELTS Request
19-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-07-2010
Med's Request
waiting
ALLISWELL said:
Category : FSW
NOC: 1111
Visa Office : London
Initial Application : 28th November 2009
1st AOR received: 1st February 2010
File transferred to London: 10th February 2010
Full Doc's sent : 28th May 2010
2nd AOR received : 13th July 2010
E-Case status : RBVO
E-Case status : In process (from 23rd March 2011)
E-Case status : Changed from IP to DM on 13th March/12 - Received a refusal letter on 18th March from London.

Reason for refusal : Main duties listed in my application are not matching with NOC JD!!! ( I think VO OR team are un professional or may be they are blind)

UNFAIR REFUSAL !!! :p
you're not alone ALLISWELL .. got also my refusal today.. :(

ALLISWELL

Mar 22, 2010
Dear Kusala,

Sorry to hear that, I do understand what you are going through !!!
I realize now that how CIC is playing with our sentiments and making the innocent peoples fools.
They are rolling/utilizing millions $ CAD to stable their economic which are collected by number of applicants.

In a Nutshell:
To apply Immigration for Canada = Buying Permanent stress for 3 to 5 years or more.
= Wasting huge money (whether directly or indirectly)
= Wasting your intensive time
And finally after 3 hard years result = REFUSAL : Reasion - Duties are not matching with NOC JD.
So why did you accept our initial application with same contents???? after 3 years you realise that my application is not eligible for process... GO TO HELL CANADA.......