n/a
Passport Req..
01-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-July-2012
LANDED..........
18-Sept-2013
Hi

We have successfully received our Permanent Residency papers, and are all set to emigrate to Canada.

However, we had a bit of a hitch when initially sending fees. We sent $980 by bank transfer, only later to find out that this was not an accepted form of payment from the UK and we had to send another $980 by bankers draft. But wait for it... we got an email confirming it would take up to 6 months to return the $980!!! That was in March, and now 6 months later we are in the month of September, still awaiting refund of fees. This is an incredibly frustrating situation, as 1/ we need the money to put back into Savings account and earn interest 2/ I need to change surname on bank account and can't do this until I receive refund in my old name.

I have emailed Canadian High Commission in London numerous times, as well as posted a letter by recorded delivery, and tried to call them (automated service). I am truly at my wit's end and can't believe I can't talk to a real human at CHC about this!!! 6 months and waiting to get my own money back!

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

sK

Jul 21, 2011
scottishK said:
Hi

We have successfully received our Permanent Residency papers, and are all set to emigrate to Canada.

However, we had a bit of a hitch when initially sending fees. We sent $980 by bank transfer, only later to find out that this was not an accepted form of payment from the UK and we had to send another $980 by bankers draft. But wait for it... we got an email confirming it would take up to 6 months to return the $980!!! That was in March, and now 6 months later we are in the month of September, still awaiting refund of fees. This is an incredibly frustrating situation, as 1/ we need the money to put back into Savings account and earn interest 2/ I need to change surname on bank account and can't do this until I receive refund in my old name.

I have emailed Canadian High Commission in London numerous times, as well as posted a letter by recorded delivery, and tried to call them (automated service). I am truly at my wit's end and can't believe I can't talk to a real human at CHC about this!!! 6 months and waiting to get my own money back!

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

sK
hi

sorry to hear about your situation, i too claimed for refund and it took almost 8 months to get back refund so just wait for a little more..another thing is refund is processed by CIO sydney and not london so next time send your email to cio sydney, their email is

CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

scottishK

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-July-2011 / CC debited 02-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
21-Sep-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
Oct/Nov 2011
Med's Request
10-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
01-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-July-2012
LANDED..........
18-Sept-2013
Thanks for the tip 229334, much appreciated. Have emailed CIO Sidney so see what they come back with. Really frustrating and quite unacceptable that they have kept onto my money for so long. Unimpressed to say the least, especially since I cannot talk to a real live human being about this!