+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund of medical insurance for super visa

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Is it straightforward when you request a refund from the insurer for the medical insurance? When the policy is cancelled before its end date and you made no claim hence you are eligible for a refund for the unused months, do you find you have to chase the insurer constantly? Does it take long to get your money back? I am thinking of signing up for a policy with Travelance (or CSR parent super visa) so any feedback would be useful.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Is it straightforward when you request a refund from the insurer for the medical insurance? When the policy is cancelled before its end date and you made no claim hence you are eligible for a refund for the unused months, do you find you have to chase the insurer constantly? Does it take long to get your money back? I am thinking of signing up for a policy with Travelance (or CSR parent super visa) so any feedback would be useful.
Was it written into the policy that it could be cancelled in mid-stream and a refund given?

I would expect most policies to be non-refundable, once in effect. Maybe different if you seek to cancel before starting travel. But, let's suppose you purchase coverage for 90 days. I would not expect to be able to cancel on Day 79 and get a pro-rata refund of 11 days' premium. But it would depend on the wording of the contractual documents.

Reactions: Naturgrl