+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund for returned applications?

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
My application was returned yesterday due to a missing document (Additional Family Information) and now I am wondering if I will have to pay the immigration fee again or if the fee will be refunded? And, if the fee gets refunded, should I go ahead and pay a new immigration fee (before getting the refund)?

I am feeling so discouraged by this delay in our (Spousal Sponsorship) process...

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
No, just replace the missing form and resend. You don't need to pay again, your application is not rejected thus no refund.
I read somewhere else on the internet that a person should wait for the refund and then make a new payment, print out a receipt for the new payment and send it with the application. I am so confused.

Thank you so much for this information. I did not know that I could send it without making a new payment.

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
I see on the website that it says ....

"If you return my application, will I get a refund?

Yes, you will get a refund if we return your application. We will return your application if:

• it was incomplete
  • It was received before the program re-opened
  • the program was full

Refunds can take up to six weeks to complete. If you have been waiting longer, submit a refund request." [link to source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1220&top=4 ]

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
Danielle is correct. Insert the missing document. Add a letter that the application was returned and you have inserted the missing document and send the application again.

I believe that on a application return (not rejection) that you need to apply for a refund? Don't do that. Just send you application again as Danielle as advised.

Reactions: TeAmoSweetheart

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
Danielle is correct. Insert the missing document. Add a letter that the application was returned and you have inserted the missing document and send the application again.

I believe that on a application return (not rejection) that you need to apply for a refund? Don't do that. Just send you application again as Danielle as advised.
ok, thank you both. I will send with the missing document and the original payment receipt, as you both suggested.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My application was returned yesterday due to a missing document (Additional Family Information) and now I am wondering if I will have to pay the immigration fee again or if the fee will be refunded? And, if the fee gets refunded, should I go ahead and pay a new immigration fee (before getting the refund)?

I am feeling so discouraged by this delay in our (Spousal Sponsorship) process...
You also need to go through all of the forms and make sure they are up to date. If any forms have been updated since you submitted your app, you need to redo them.

Reactions: TeAmoSweetheart