+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee's questions, NEED YOUR HELP

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hello!
I got my refugee hearing in the February with positive decision, and now waiting for written decision from IRB.
what gonna happen next?
i have these questions:

1. how and when i can get my origin passport from IRB?

2. I heard that canada pays some amount of money for refugees once they are recognized? is it true? how much they pay?

3. Im intending to apply for PR and to include my wife and three kids, who are in my home country now, the timeline for PR now is
12 + 10 months, so the total number is 22, when can i expect PR for myself and visa for family? Is it should be done in the same timeline? Or family will have different process once my application is approved and transfered to my country's canadian office?

4. Can I stay with temprorary study/work permit in the third country during my PR application process? (for ~22months)

Thanks!

soafree

Mar 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-2014
Med's Request
04-2014
Med's Done....
04-2014
LANDED..........
04-2015
I read somewhere, you can get your passport anytime you want showing the reason. Even before the hearing date also you could get your passport back. As you are accepted you can travel outside canada but not your country of origin. Should not be any problem. For more clarification you can goto cic website.
I think i was helpful. 8)

Mr. Preppy said:
Are you sure? Its almost 2 years for PR

fledzion

Mar 27, 2013
Hey... can you please contact me and talk to me by email/facebook whichever you prefer?? I'm waiting for a hearing, I could really use some tips and description.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
fledzion said:
Hey... can you please contact me and talk to me by email/facebook whichever you prefer?? I'm waiting for a hearing, I could really use some tips and description.
U can send me a Personal Msg here,
just click here www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=305650

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
You can't get your passport from your country of origin instead of that, you can apply for the refugee travel document only if you wanna travel abroad until you get your passport back and you permanent resident card, But remember you can not go back your country back if you are a protected person.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
I couldnt find any official rules or documents regarding:

1. Returning documents Procedure
2. Maximum period allowed for refugees to stay outside of Canada before getting PR

Do you have any idea about it? Why there is no rules saying about it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can not tell you if there are any concrete rules on this but personally I would not risk leaving Canada during the processing time of your PR. You are trying to tell them they should approve your PR because you are a refugee and you have no other options and then you can't even stick around to wait for them to approve your PR. Besides, if you want to study somewhere, you should study in Canada because it will help you find work in Canada.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Leon said:
I can not tell you if there are any concrete rules on this but personally I would not risk leaving Canada during the processing time of your PR. You are trying to tell them they should approve your PR because you are a refugee and you have no other options and then you can't even stick around to wait for them to approve your PR. Besides, if you want to study somewhere, you should study in Canada because it will help you find work in Canada.
Yes, i agree with you that the refugee is someone who escaped from his home country cuz of danger to his life.
However, if there is no restriction in the law, and refugee has good job-offer from the third country, or scholarship for PhD(actually that is my case, if i receive PhD offer from any Canadian University i would be happy to accept it and to study),
so why its forbided for me to stay in the third country with temp.visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Preppy said:
Yes, i agree with you that the refugee is someone who escaped from his home country cuz of danger to his life.
However, if there is no restriction in the law, and refugee has good job-offer from the third country, or scholarship for PhD(actually that is my case, if i receive PhD offer from any Canadian University i would be happy to accept it and to study),
so why its forbided for me to stay in the third country with temp.visa?
I don't know if it is forbidden for you. If you want to make sure, talk to a lawyer. If you lose your PR application, maybe the 3rd country will let you immigrate.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fledzion said:
I tried to PM you it doesn't work.
I believe you have to have 10 posts before you can PM people and now you do, so try again.