+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document - Schengen visa

dralla

Dec 29, 2023
Does anyone have any experience applying for a Schengen visa with a rtd? What was the process like and is the visa multiple entry or single entry?

Last edited:

DJ khaled

Dec 16, 2023
Most people enter Germany and then move around the Schengen area, but I also want to know the easiest visa that we can obtain on the travel document.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most people enter Germany and then move around the Schengen area, but I also want to know the easiest visa that we can obtain on the travel document.
Would not advise doing so and some have been caught without a visa entering other countries when initially arriving through Germany. Given that many countries in Europe are trying to prevent asylum claimants from moving to more Northern countries there are significantly more border checks these days on the road and train. It is no longer the border free are it used to be.

Reactions: Mancini

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone have any experience applying for a Schengen visa with a rtd? What was the process like and is the visa multiple entry or single entry?
Typical process like other visas. Need to show funds, reason for travel, length of travel, show ties to Canada like job, home, etc. What countries do you want to visit? Some require visas while others do not. Would make sure to leave yourself enough time to apply before your anticipated travel date. Would personally not book any travel until you have your RTD and visa.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Hi, please can anyone guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa?? And can I travel to Schengen area just with RTD no RR yet??
anyone that knows a visa application centre too will be appreciated… Thanks

DJ khaled

Dec 16, 2023
I got my Schengen visa with France through vfs(third party visa application office)
I entered from Paris and returned from Barcelona no problem at all , RTD no pr
Thank you for these details. From which city did you submit the application? Is your visa multiple and how valid is it? Thank you again

Rekferiri

Mar 1, 2023
so to apply for schengen visa we have to apply with one country like france and that means we get access to all schengen countries? or is schengen its own application? im confused
Exactly just apply to one of the Schengen countries and you get access to the whole area

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi do anyone know if a RTD requires visa to Ghana. Am a citizen of west African with Canada RTD. Normally an west African I don't need it but with the RTD I don't know.