+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Do we need to apply online for the Visa or in person? what are the procedures and what's the processing time for a visa? How many days it takes?
Yes filling the application online. Then you have to go to the embassy to hand over the docs by hand. It took 1 week and send me the RTD back with the visa.

But you said you have PR. Then you don't need visa.

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
Did anyone apply for a Malaysia visa on RTD? I have RTD with Pr and looking to apply for a visa will an e-visa work or do I need to apply in person? Any informations.

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hi, how long did it take for the delivery of RTD after getting tracking number from them? Bcz I got my tracking number today and wondering when will it actually get delivered to me.
how long after submitting did you get the tracking? Mine has been submitted since 30 days but no update

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
how long after submitting did you get the tracking? Mine has been submitted since 30 days but no update
My case was a little different. I applied for these documents in June, 2022. And send soo many web forms to them. I got my PR card also during this process so they sent me a letter in Aug 2023 after 1 year that they want me to send a copy of the PR card to them signed by my guarantee. Which I sent in aug and then again I put soo many webforms and called them so many times and all the time they just told me that my file was in processing and marked urgent as I put req for urgent. But then when I called them on 3 Jan they told me that they still hadn't received my copy of the PR card which I sent back in aug I even gave them tracking too but they told me to send it again as they lost that mail somewhere and not able to locate it. So I sent that back but I also contacted with MP of my area and told them all the story and she put inquire and request them to send these documents as I really need to travel. After that within 20 days I got my passport tracking and got my passport in Feb finally after 1.5 years of waiting and soo many webforms and calls. I will suggest to talk with your MP and tell them to follow up on your file that really works.

• Wow
Reactions: lotus2101

lotus2101

Feb 25, 2023
My case was a little different. I applied for these documents in June, 2022. And send soo many web forms to them. I got my PR card also during this process so they sent me a letter in Aug 2023 after 1 year that they want me to send a copy of the PR card to them signed by my guarantee. Which I sent in aug and then again I put soo many webforms and called them so many times and all the time they just told me that my file was in processing and marked urgent as I put req for urgent. But then when I called them on 3 Jan they told me that they still hadn't received my copy of the PR card which I sent back in aug I even gave them tracking too but they told me to send it again as they lost that mail somewhere and not able to locate it. So I sent that back but I also contacted with MP of my area and told them all the story and she put inquire and request them to send these documents as I really need to travel. After that within 20 days I got my passport tracking and got my passport in Feb finally after 1.5 years of waiting and soo many webforms and calls. I will suggest to talk with your MP and tell them to follow up on your file that really works.
I'm in a similar situation as you. I submitted my application back in June 2022. Despite numerous phone calls and webforms, I've only received responses stating that my application is still being processed. In August 2023, I received a letter requesting additional identification documents because the previous ones I submitted had expired. The major issue is that my representative, "my lawyer," who initially signed the application, faced health issues in August and had to take a three-month leave for medical treatment. Consequently, I notarized the documents at a Notary office. Since August, I haven't received any updates. I've made phone calls and submitted urgent webforms, but I'm still waiting.

Nenko

Feb 5, 2024
Hello everyone

i have sent my application by mail on 18 December and from that time my application is not in system yet. I did a lot of web form attaching my document for urgent travel and they didn't respond nothing

all i get is this
"We have forwarded your request for the urgent processing of your application to the responsible office.

We cannot guarantee that your urgent request will be accepted, the responsible office will contact you to assess the situation."

Anyone in same situation or timeline those days

Jul 11, 2023
Anyone applied for the RTD in 2024 and received it (or not yet)?
Please share your timeline
Thank you!
Hi guys, a tip I learned the hard way about mailing the RTD. I mailed mine and was received on Jan 10th 2024 and a month later they still said they don’t have it on the system, and I called so many times until someone told me the officer put a note they don’t have your documents (a month later). She suggested I send it again.

The first time I sent it to the mailing address and an urgent processing webform. The second time, after speaking to IRCC a million times, they told me by mail it takes forever to get to the office, whereas by courier it’s handed directly to them. So I mailed my application again to the courier address (Centralized Network) and it was delivered to them on Feb 8, by Feb 9 they started processing the RTD. Waiting to see how long will it take, but clearly should take less than a month since the processing time is 20 days if all the documentation is in order.

SO DO NOT SEND IT TO THEIR MAILING ADDRESS, SEND IT TO COURIER AND SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE.

if you already sent yours and you need it urgently, if they have no application number or you call IRCC and they don’t have it in the system, go to fedex or whatever and send the application again to the courier address.

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hi guys, a tip I learned the hard way about mailing the RTD. I mailed mine and was received on Jan 10th 2024 and a month later they still said they don’t have it on the system, and I called so many times until someone told me the officer put a note they don’t have your documents (a month later). She suggested I send it again.

The first time I sent it to the mailing address and an urgent processing webform. The second time, after speaking to IRCC a million times, they told me by mail it takes forever to get to the office, whereas by courier it’s handed directly to them. So I mailed my application again to the courier address (Centralized Network) and it was delivered to them on Feb 8, by Feb 9 they started processing the RTD. Waiting to see how long will it take, but clearly should take less than a month since the processing time is 20 days if all the documentation is in order.

SO DO NOT SEND IT TO THEIR MAILING ADDRESS, SEND IT TO COURIER AND SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE.

if you already sent yours and you need it urgently, if they have no application number or you call IRCC and they don’t have it in the system, go to fedex or whatever and send the application again to the courier address.
I understand what you are trying to say… but everyone’s case is different. For me I mailed mine through Canada post on Jan 27th they called on Jan 30th told me they received it. I called Feb 5th and they told me it in process and marked as urgent. I called them today and they told it was shipped Feb 12th I tracked it and it will be delivered today. I will say follow the instructions on the website and everything should work fine. Cause I wanted it urgently on the website it says that if you need it urgently fill web form before sending application. And they will call you to send it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ref19to22

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
I understand what you are trying to say… but everyone’s case is different. For me I mailed mine through Canada post on Jan 27th they called on Jan 30th told me they received it. I called Feb 5th and they told me it in process and marked as urgent. I called them today and they told it was shipped Feb 12th I tracked it and it will be delivered today. I will say follow the instructions on the website and everything should work fine. Cause I wanted it urgently on the website it says that if you need it urgently fill web form before sending application. And they will call you to send it.
Congrats.
Which number will contact for mailing?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
did you send the webform before you sent the application by mail or after? I did not fully understand this "..if you need it urgently fill web form before sending application. And they will call you to send it.."

Last edited: