+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

M.Alii

Feb 19, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Suggestion required

Which airline is best for travel from Toronto to Thailand Bangkok?

I am a holder of Travel documents without PR.

Thanks

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Suggestion required

Which airline is best for travel from Toronto to Thailand Bangkok?

I am a holder of Travel documents without PR.

Thanks
I believe you should plan your trip according to the stop overs on your way to Bangkok- so if you dont have a US visa you can not book through the US etc. Then you would need to look into if you need a visa for the country/ies you are transiting through.
I know with the RTD you can go to Germany without a visa, so perhaps that can be a start.
Good luck!

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I believe you should plan your trip according to the stop overs on your way to Bangkok- so if you dont have a US visa you can not book through the US etc. Then you would need to look into if you need a visa for the country/ies you are transiting through.
I know with the RTD you can go to Germany without a visa, so perhaps that can be a start.
Good luck!
I would do Lufthansa. Transit in Germany. No need visa.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello there
I will send my rtd application again.
What documents required for complete application?

NOD, 2 photos, 2 identity support docs, application form and guarantor declaration and signs and fee receipt..

Are there any documents I forgot?
Also Ottawa or gatineu.. which adress is better for fast processing..

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi Friends
Please guide me address of Gatineau to mail document ?
The latest application PPTC190 shows an Ottawa address, see page 5 of the application here

Hello there
I will send my rtd application again.
What documents required for complete application?

NOD, 2 photos, 2 identity support docs, application form and guarantor declaration and signs and fee receipt..

Are there any documents I forgot?
Also Ottawa or gatineu.. which adress is better for fast processing..
I would add the notice of seizure IMM5265. Also just make sure your photo and copies of ID's have your guarantors signatures and declaration.

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
Hi, how long did it take for the delivery of RTD after getting tracking number from them? Bcz I got my tracking number today and wondering when will it actually get delivered to me.

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I am a Protected Person, I applied for 5 RTDs 6 months ago, received 4 RTDs after 1.5 month, and was missing one RTD . I received missing one today and it looks different with type PR written on it, documents that I received earlier have type P on it. Anybody has any clue why is that? I guess that they have made the final decision on my application and made COPR number and hence when they put client ID it showed them PR. I could be wrong. Please tell me what you think? Thanks for your reply.

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello everyone!

I am a protected person with RTD, I will be going to Johannesburg, South Africa in the coming months and i already got the Visa. I am looking for any information that there is no issue of returning back to Canada without PR? Please share your advice or experience.

Thanks a lot!
can you please explain how you got the visa? as i am looking to travel as well.
Thanks

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
I have 1 Question if anybody went to Georgia with RTD please share their exp. I have RTD with a PR card and I heard that with a PR card, I don't need to get a Visa. I can travel on Visa-free there. If anyone has more information about this please share. Thanks,

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
I have 1 Question if anybody went to Georgia with RTD please share their exp. I have RTD with a PR card and I heard that with a PR card, I don't need to get a Visa. I can travel on Visa-free there. If anyone has more information about this please share. Thanks,
I travelled to Georgia without PR. I obtained the visa from the embassy. The journey was nice and I did not face any issues.

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
I travelled to Georgia without PR. I obtained the visa from the embassy. The journey was nice and I did not face any issues.
Do we need to apply online for the Visa or in person? what are the procedures and what's the processing time for a visa? How many days it takes?