+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
hey congrats!

did they call your references? and how do you know they tried to deliver on friday? do they communicate that?
Thank you. No they didn’t call my references.
The post office will try to deliver it at ur address and if your not at home at the said time, they will leave a sticker informing you to go pick it up at the nearest post office which will be indicated at the sticker.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
just a quick question, has anyone visited Dominican Republic with just RTD no PR yet? And any ideas for Aruba and Italy if they require visas with RTD no PR??
Please I would also need the email to Dominican Republic, the one I just tried to email them says invalid.
Thank you

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
just a quick question, has anyone visited Dominican Republic with just RTD no PR yet? And any ideas for Aruba and Italy if they require visas with RTD no PR??
Please I would also need the email to Dominican Republic, the one I just tried to email them says invalid.
Thank you
To be sure you should contact to Embassy of Dominicican Republic. For Italy i contacted to Consulate last year and they said no need visa. And same also with Germany.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
To be sure you should contact to Embassy of Dominicican Republic. For Italy i contacted to Consulate last year and they said no need visa. And same also with Germany.
so we can just fly out to germany and italy with the rtd and no visa on it? or do we need a schengen visa?

Canadaqe

Jan 16, 2024
A question?? I have a Travel document I wanna go to Georgia but only There is only connecting travel through my country where I am persecuted. Will doing this travel hinder my status? I will go to Georgia for marriage

I will be grateful if you could help me

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Can I go to Mexico without a PR.. I have a travel document?
Yes you can go to mexico with your RTD and without PR, I wrote to the mexican embassy to find out the details and below is the response I got:

All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have any type of a valid visa issued by any of the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area. All they need is valid passport and the visa. Visa must be stamped in your passport.
  • Permanent residents need valid passport or travel document and resident card.
  • If traveler is not a permanent resident yet or does not have any type of a valid visa from the above countries, he/she needs to apply for a visitor visa.
VISITOR VISA

You need to send by email your visa application form, passport/travel document (bio page), photocopy of the migratory document accrediting your legal stay in Canada and bank statements on PDF to give you an appointment.

Amounts required to appear in your bank statements:
  1. Original and a photocopy of investment receipts or bank account statements showing an average monthly balance equivalent to $6,000 Canadian dollars (Canadian bank account) during the past three months, or
  2. In the case of foreigners who are pursuing regular studies in institutions of higher education, they must present the original proof of studies and the original proof of stable employment, pension or scholarship with a monthly income equivalent to $1500 Canadian dollars for the past 6 months.

Please send the PDFs 2 months prior your departure date.

It takes around 2-3 weeks to revise applications and give you an appointment, be ready to have an appointment scheduled during this time. We receive several emails daily, please DO NOT send several emails and wait for our response back.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
A question?? I have a Travel document I wanna go to Georgia but only There is only connecting travel through my country where I am persecuted. Will doing this travel hinder my status? I will go to Georgia for marriage

I will be grateful if you could help me
My opinion is that you should not travel to your country of persecution for any reason until you have a Canadian passport, as it can impact your status (up to the discretion of the canadian government)

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Just wanna share useful info here!

For those who got Refugee travel documents, You can transit through London UK & Frankfort Germany with no transit visas needed.( when you have connection flight to other country)

This is from my own experience 100%.

Hopefully helps .
Did you have a PR CARD or you passed through London without PR Card? Or just only RTD?

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Yes you can go to mexico with your RTD and without PR, I wrote to the mexican embassy to find out the details and below is the response I got:

All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have any type of a valid visa issued by any of the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area. All they need is valid passport and the visa. Visa must be stamped in your passport.
  • Permanent residents need valid passport or travel document and resident card.
  • If traveler is not a permanent resident yet or does not have any type of a valid visa from the above countries, he/she needs to apply for a visitor visa.
VISITOR VISA

You need to send by email your visa application form, passport/travel document (bio page), photocopy of the migratory document accrediting your legal stay in Canada and bank statements on PDF to give you an appointment.

Amounts required to appear in your bank statements:
  1. Original and a photocopy of investment receipts or bank account statements showing an average monthly balance equivalent to $6,000 Canadian dollars (Canadian bank account) during the past three months, or
  2. In the case of foreigners who are pursuing regular studies in institutions of higher education, they must present the original proof of studies and the original proof of stable employment, pension or scholarship with a monthly income equivalent to $1500 Canadian dollars for the past 6 months.

Please send the PDFs 2 months prior your departure date.

It takes around 2-3 weeks to revise applications and give you an appointment, be ready to have an appointment scheduled during this time. We receive several emails daily, please DO NOT send several emails and wait for our response back.
So I need a mexican visa ?