+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document Application

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
mogohuang said:
No, You are only forbid to go back to your country of origin. You can still you use your national passport if you have one 10 out of 10 cases you have to surrender your PASSPORT at the time of filing your claim.
mogohuang +1 for you to start this topic and you explained it nicely.. it will surely help and clear may concerns of refugees here in canada who wants to travel.
i would like to stress on the issue of using your home passport for travelling to any third country other than your home country (in case a refugee has got his PR card).
- many here advise not to use your home passport for travelling purpose even if you travelling to any third country so if any one can comment with a valid reference to this issue?
-Still i have seen many here who had travelled with their home passports and had no issue when they return back to canada (i.e they smoothly entered into canada and no question asked by CBSA)
- if a refugee who is also a PR and has his home passport in his possession will he be still issued with a TRD if he apply?

can you (mogohuang) or anyone else can comment on this issue?

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lot of people here spreading some information which is not true,
U can use your own country passport to travel any where in the world, with PR card, except going to your own country, and you have no problem entering back to Canada.

mogohuang

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
kriv said:
mogohuang +1 for you to start this topic and you explained it nicely.. it will surely help and clear may concerns of refugees here in canada who wants to travel.
i would like to stress on the issue of using your home passport for travelling to any third country other than your home country (in case a refugee has got his PR card).
- many here advise not to use your home passport for travelling purpose even if you travelling to any third country so if any one can comment with a valid reference to this issue?
-Still i have seen many here who had travelled with their home passports and had no issue when they return back to canada (i.e they smoothly entered into canada and no question asked by CBSA)
- if a refugee who is also a PR and has his home passport in his possession will he be still issued with a TRD if he apply?

can you (mogohuang) or anyone else can comment on this issue?

sorry havent check my thread for a while.

TRD is not a REPLACEMENT for your passport. You are only issued when you don't have possession of your passport or your are denied for one.

mogohuang

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
Gogia said:
Lot of people here spreading some information which is not true,
U can use your own country passport to travel any where in the world, with PR card, except going to your own country, and you have no problem entering back to Canada.
YES, you are right.

However you don't get your passport back until your landing interviewer which usually is about 6-12month later? if more? What if you need to go somewhere for something? Again, This is only for people who do not have their passport or denied one.