+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Hearing Postponed

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi,

my hearing was supposed to take place today, February 28, 2024. However, three days ago, it was postponed. I submitted my claim in May 2022.

The letter states:

"The hearing scheduled for February 28, 2024, with respect to the above-mentioned claims for refugee protection has been postponed for administrative reasons. The hearing will be rescheduled, and a notice to appear containing the new hearing date and location will be provided to you at that time...."

I have a few questions:
  1. Is this the same letter that everyone receives when a hearing is postponed for administrative reasons?
  2. is there any chance they will approve it without hearing, it is not a less complex case.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,

my hearing was supposed to take place today, February 28, 2024. However, three days ago, it was postponed. I submitted my claim in May 2022.

The letter states:

"The hearing scheduled for February 28, 2024, with respect to the above-mentioned claims for refugee protection has been postponed for administrative reasons. The hearing will be rescheduled, and a notice to appear containing the new hearing date and location will be provided to you at that time...."

I have a few questions:
  1. Is this the same letter that everyone receives when a hearing is postponed for administrative reasons?
  2. is there any chance they will approve it without hearing, it is not a less complex case.
Mine was less complex and they decided to do short hearing. But before 10 days I received same letter. It was in the morning. Same day evening I received notice of decision. I mean all letters came to my lawyer. I hope you get approved without hearing too!

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
First they sent me an email about that and 1-2 days later I received regular mail about this issue. I think reason of postponement is important about at this point.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi,

The letter states:

I have a few questions:

It happened to me. They re-scheduled three months laters. Same letter. A person who knows about immigration told me ,it´s very common to re-schedule.
I think if they sent hearing date is because you dont qualified for no hearing acceptance.

Good luck. Soon you will receive your new date (or your lawyer, ask to him/her).

Reactions: mohamedqtr

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Mine was less complex and they decided to do short hearing. But before 10 days I received same letter. It was in the morning. Same day evening I received notice of decision. I mean all letters came to my lawyer. I hope you get approved without hearing too!
if it is less complex, I think possible, but mine is not, have you seen any non less complex case approved without hearing but after postpone?

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
@Canadian_rainbow was your letter excatly same, did it include inform minister the address change etc?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
And also before this letter they sent an email to my lawyer and they put me to cc. That email was ‘’ This hearing has been postponed as the claim has been streamed to paper.’’