+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant - Passport Request

Meera7

Aug 24, 2022
My friend claimed asylum at the border, however during the process he got married to a Canadian citizen here in Canada and obtained Residence. His asylum case is statuses abandoned. Since he obtained his residency via spousal sponsorship how can we obtain the passport . Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My friend claimed asylum at the border, however during the process he got married to a Canadian citizen here in Canada and obtained Residence. His asylum case is statuses abandoned. Since he obtained his residency via spousal sponsorship how can we obtain the passport . Thank you
Yes he can request to receive his passport back from the office that seized the ppt

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And he is free to visit his
home country also because he got is pr through spouse ,.
Seems to be a goal of many individuals that file asylum / refugee. Let’s get that passport that represents the country i originally filed asylum/ refuge from asap and make that trip back .Totally makes sense.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Does that apply to individuals who got their refugee claim denied but later on got PR through spousal application ?
I don’t think in your case u will passport back because you already had hearing if u get your pr before hearing u could have got your passport back but I doubt they give you back now .

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
I don’t think in your case u will passport back because you already had hearing if u get your pr before hearing u could have got your passport back but I doubt they give you back now .
Yeah I just confirmed with the lawyer that even if you get PR with refugee you still can request to have your passport back.

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi,
I got EcoPR and waiting for a PR card. If they call me to pick up my passport, can I get it back by showing ecoPR? Thank you.