+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claim refused

cherisha

Aug 19, 2019
If my refugee claim is refused in Canada will I not be able to apply for job to other foreign country. Will I have problem in applying for visa if my claim is rejected here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you may have troubles applying for temporary visas in some other countries. There will be concerns that you will try to claim asylum in that country.

Reactions: cherisha

cherisha

Aug 19, 2019
Yes you may have troubles applying for temporary visas in some other countries. There will be concerns that you will try to claim asylum in that country.
yes that would be the concern but if I have a job offer then will there be an issue for offering the work visa

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
yes that would be the concern but if I have a job offer then will there be an issue for offering the work visa
Any time you have a failed refugee claim the other country could think you are trying to claim refugee in their country as well and using job offer as just a way to get in. By claiming refugee it shows that you do not want to live in your home country, you do not have strong ties to it and if given the choice you would not want to return. So there would always be a risk of refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Plenty of people claiming asylum in Canada have entered Canada because of a job offer and work permit but were only trying to find a way to enter Canada. As soon as they arrived they claimed asylum and didn’t follow through with the job. There will be concerns about letting you into a country only for you to claim asylum again.

cherisha

Aug 19, 2019
Plenty of people claiming asylum in Canada have entered Canada because of a job offer and work permit but were only trying to find a way to enter Canada. As soon as they arrived they claimed asylum and didn’t follow through with the job. There will be concerns about letting you into a country only for you to claim asylum again.
For me I would prefer the other way than having an aylum claim going on for ever if I can come in as a PR and look for jobs it better. Due to the treat back home I dont want to travel but given an option while I am on Asylum claim if I can switch to work permit entry I would personally prefer that.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you have a refugee claim in progress you aren’t eligible for any of the immigration programs. The refugee program isn’t meant to facilitate your ability to get a job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any work you do while your asylum application is being processed will not count towards PR if your application is refused. There is no way to switch from an asylum claim to a work permit.

cherisha

Aug 19, 2019
If you have a refugee claim in progress you aren’t eligible for any of the immigration programs. The refugee program isn’t meant to facilitate your ability to get a job.
Yes exactly but just my point was if for two years I have been running all 7 days with two jobs and paying the taxes why should that experience not be counted , as we contribute to the country rather sating on assistance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes exactly but just my point was if for two years I have been running all 7 days with two jobs and paying the taxes why should that experience not be counted , as we contribute to the country rather sating on assistance.
No, it shouldn't count. You can't file a false refugee claim to get a work permit and then use that work experience to qualify for PR. It is circumventing the rules.

cherisha

Aug 19, 2019
No, it shouldn't count. You can't file a false refugee claim to get a work permit and then use that work experience to qualify for PR. It is circumventing the rules.
1. yes the claims should be processed in 90 days so that the work experience will be less than a year and , the it makes sense not to be counted.
2. what happens if the claim is rejected because you are educated and you can come through other process but the fact is if you cannot go back home due to fear of percussion.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
1. yes the claims should be processed in 90 days so that the work experience will be less than a year and , the it makes sense not to be counted.
2. what happens if the claim is rejected because you are educated and you can come through other process but the fact is if you cannot go back home due to fear of percussion.
If your evidences of being prosecuted if sent back to your home country is genuine and sufficient, then your chances of claiming asylum being approved is higher.

But if you have no proof of personal prosecutions or any evidence that suggests that you are in danger in your home country, I don't see any chances of getting a approved claim at all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If people woukd stop walking across the border without using the actual legal entry points maybe Canada could come close to processing claims in 90 days. Canada only gave out work permits for people needing social assistance. People usually appeal as many times as possible so you'd still be in a position where your work done in Canada doesn't count. An asylum claim costs Canadians 20K to process, then tou are looking at potential costs for shelter, welfare, healthcare, education, etc. Last thing Canada wants is false claims because they cost a fortune.

Reactions: cherisha

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You also get access to education, healthcare (more programs than Candians actually), infrastructure, etc. so you aren't payinf taxes for nothing while you wait to hear about your asylum result.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If your educated and qualified, why wouldn’t you apply for some of the available immigration programs now and avoid the uncertainty, wait, hardship and restrictions that come with refugee status?
Time in Canada waiting for a claim, whether working or not doesn’t count because until your claim is approved, you don’t have status in Canada. That’s why it isn’t counted.