Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
22-MAY-2013
File Transfer...
23-MAY-2013
Med's Done....
16-MAR-2013 (Updated on ECAS on Dec 11/13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-JUN-2013 Ecas status- In Process Nov 9th -DM 19-JAN-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-JAN-2014
LANDED..........
31-JAN-2014 :D
Hello everyone,
Would be much appreciated if someone can answer these questions. Ill be applying for PR very soon.
1) Before getting my PGWP, I worked part-time (It was not skilled). I also worked 3 co-op terms. I know this experience doesn't count but do I need to get reference letters from the employers I worked before PGWP? Even co-op employers? In the document checklist it says provide last 3 years. Does it apply to graduate category?

2) My 2010 tax return, I missed 1 T4 as it was sent to an old address. Its a co-op T4 just for 1 month. I don't have the original. Is it ok if I submit a CRA T4 copy instead? I applied to revise the return, but I won't get the revised NOA before I apply for CEC, so should I send the missed T4 copy too or should I send it later along with the revised NOA after I get file number? I'm concerned they might find the discrepancy if I send the missed T4 copy.

3) Do we need Police clearence certificate from Canada itself?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
miss_b said:
Would be much appreciated if someone can answer these questions. Ill be applying for PR very soon.
1) Before getting my PGWP, I worked part-time (It was not skilled). I also worked 3 co-op terms. I know this experience doesn't count but do I need to get reference letters from the employers I worked before PGWP? Even co-op employers? In the document checklist it says provide last 3 years. Does it apply to graduate category?
See my post in: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reference-letter-for-previous-ta-experience-and-roe-t81672.0.html.

2) My 2010 tax return, I missed 1 T4 as it was sent to an old address. Its a co-op T4 just for 1 month. I don't have the original. Is it ok if I submit a CRA T4 copy instead? I applied to revise the return, but I won't get the revised NOA before I apply for CEC, so should I send the missed T4 copy too or should I send it later along with the revised NOA after I get file number? I'm concerned they might find the discrepancy if I send the missed T4 copy.
Original T4 vs. copy of T4 is no problem. Include the copy, but also include a note with the application, explaining what you just explained here. They probably won't care about any of this, but if they do, the note will make it clear that you're not trying to deceive them.

3) Do we need Police clearence certificate from Canada itself?
My favourite topic!

The instructions say you don't. This is true up to a point: you probably don't. Next question, if you do, how much will it delay your application? The answer depends on where you're living when (if) they request it. If you're still in Canada, it will delay your application by a few weeks at most, because if you're in Canada you can have your fingerprints taken electronically and transmitted to the RCMP, who will send the result in a few days. If you're outside of Canada, you have to either travel to Canada to get fingerprinted, or have your fingerprints taken on paper and mailed to the RCMP, who will take several months to process them.

So: if you're sure that you'll be in Canada during (most of) the time your application will be in process, don't do it now. If you might leave Canada, I would get fingerprinted now and send the result with your application. Commissionaires and L1 Identity Solutions are two of several companies that are set up to take electronic fingerprints for the RCMP.

(I applied after leaving Canada, got an RCMP fingerprint request because some bozo with my name has a criminal record, and ended up flying back to Canada just to get fingerprinted.)

miss_b

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
22-MAY-2013
File Transfer...
23-MAY-2013
Med's Done....
16-MAR-2013 (Updated on ECAS on Dec 11/13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-JUN-2013 Ecas status- In Process Nov 9th -DM 19-JAN-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-JAN-2014
LANDED..........
31-JAN-2014 :D
Thanks a lot Defenes, I think I'll include the co-op reference letters too just so as you said it might help them validate my current work experience. The only problem is since it was just co-op contracts I might not get letters & there are 2 co-ops plus 1 part time I worked. I do have the contracts related to them though. I don't see a point of it when CEC considers it as part of study. Anyways doesn't hurt to include it.
For Police clearence, I guess it wont be a problem as I have 2 more years on my WP :D
Thanks again for your suggestions! I see you got your PPR Congrats!