+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter

Rbasnet

Feb 27, 2023
Hi all,
With the reference letter from previous employer,
1. As i am in the EE pool now, should i go and ask for a ref letter from them or wait if and when i get ITA?
2. Does the date of issue matter?
3. I was given a reference letter when i was working with them, to do my masters. That letter was given when i was still theor employee and it has been more than 2 years since,
Will that letter be acceptable or should i get a new one?

Thanks a lot.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Reference letter required for EE has very specific requirement. A reference for general purpose almost never meets such requirement. Unless the job is current, date of issue is no matter. Even if it is your current job, as long as it shows the required years of work, it is fine, given all other required info is also included.

Reactions: Rbasnet

Rbasnet

Feb 27, 2023
Reference letter required for EE has very specific requirement. A reference for general purpose almost never meets such requirement. Unless the job is current, date of issue is no matter. Even if it is your current job, as long as it shows the required years of work, it is fine, given all other required info is also included.
Right,
So with going to my previous employer, should i go to them now or go to them when and if I receive an ITA?
Thanks

Reactions: Sharothi